TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S destroys all opponents in drag races !

Discussion in 'Model S' started by vortexz, Apr 5, 2016.

1. vortexz

vortexz Member

I made this video compliation Tesla MS drag races vs other supercars.
    I am always amazed how a 2 Tons 4 door sedan can destoy 2 door supercars in drag races !

I can't wait for the model 3 order, I am wonderig if top PxxD version will be even faster than the MS ? That would be crazy, would beat even the veyron that costs 1.000.000 $+

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

that's nice to know but in the real world most of us are not drag racing from stop light to stop light.
    high performance is nice to have but I bet the vast majority of tesla drivers aren't heading to their local drag strip to beat the daylights out of their car.

• Dislike x 1
  3. vortexz

vortexz Member

Yeah but you know that you will always have the FASTEST car on the road :p

4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

when you're the real deal you don't need to be a show off

5. vortexz

vortexz Member

your thinking means noone would ever buy the P versions anymore ...

6. Laserbrain

Laserbrain Member

Does "fast" mean acceleration? I always thought "fast" means velocity. And Tesla's top speeds aren't very supercar like - nor are their track times... so they are more one-trick-pony-cars when it comes to sports car performance.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they are the best cars in the world. But I do not think this because of their acceleration potential.

7. ShotgunF15E

ShotgunF15E Member

Yea we are....speak for yourself... ;)

8. keydiver

keydiver Member

Personally, I would rather have a "Quick" car than a "Fast" car. A Quick car is much more usable for everyday driving, traffic light to traffic light, and I have nowhere around here that I can safely drive a Fast car, not to mention the tickets I would get. I don't really consider that to make my Tesla a "one trick pony", as there are many, many compelling things about the car, like the Autopilot, TACC, retracting door handles, stealthy sound (or lack of it), Panoramic roof, Frunk, great sound system, Internet connectivity, and the beautiful body design. I don't live anywhere near the Autobahn, so I couldn't care less that my Tesla can't cruise at 150 mph.

9. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

See the other thread from the guy who autox'd his P85 (not D or plus) and routinly won in his class beating a bmw M3.

10. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

It does the way Elon Musk used the term at the Model 3 reveal. Start at 10:10:

I'll paraphrase, without changing anything significant:

Musk (Not quoted directly) - "Even the base Model 3 will do 0-60 in less than six seconds. At Tesla we don't make slow cars. And of course there will be versions of the Model 3 that go much faster."

11. Ames

Ames Member

I second that.

Show up at the drag strip in a sea of heavily modified Camaros, Stangs, Hellcats, GTRs...the usual, argue with the officials that you don't need an engine to run as they do their pre-race inspection, post an 11.x on your first ever run while absolutely destroying the ridiculously noisy and smoky machine and that appears to be bogged down on the start line when the lights go green, repeat as needed until you have at least an 11.2...then drive home in total silence while listening to soothing classical music.

Alex

• Like x 3
  12. Daniel Wilson

Daniel Wilson Member

Did anyone see the drag race that cnet did, it was a good review till the drag race

13. artsci

artsci Sponsor

\

Agree, and the Model S is very quick. It's near-instantaneous responsiveness has got me out of trouble more than a few times. I consider it an important safety feature.

14. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

tesla driver was asleep at the start. wheels moved about a second after the Audi. And they count that as journalism? no useful information.