Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S destroys all opponents in drag races !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made this video compliation Tesla MS drag races vs other supercars.
I am always amazed how a 2 Tons 4 door sedan can destoy 2 door supercars in drag races !

I can't wait for the model 3 order, I am wonderig if top PxxD version will be even faster than the MS ? That would be crazy, would beat even the veyron that costs 1.000.000 $+

that's nice to know but in the real world most of us are not drag racing from stop light to stop light.
high performance is nice to have but I bet the vast majority of tesla drivers aren't heading to their local drag strip to beat the daylights out of their car.

• Disagree
Reactions: DillyBop
Does "fast" mean acceleration? I always thought "fast" means velocity. And Tesla's top speeds aren't very supercar like - nor are their track times... so they are more one-trick-pony-cars when it comes to sports car performance.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they are the best cars in the world. But I do not think this because of their acceleration potential.

Personally, I would rather have a "Quick" car than a "Fast" car. A Quick car is much more usable for everyday driving, traffic light to traffic light, and I have nowhere around here that I can safely drive a Fast car, not to mention the tickets I would get. I don't really consider that to make my Tesla a "one trick pony", as there are many, many compelling things about the car, like the Autopilot, TACC, retracting door handles, stealthy sound (or lack of it), Panoramic roof, Frunk, great sound system, Internet connectivity, and the beautiful body design. I don't live anywhere near the Autobahn, so I couldn't care less that my Tesla can't cruise at 150 mph.

Does "fast" mean acceleration? I always thought "fast" means velocity. And Tesla's top speeds aren't very supercar like - nor are their track times... so they are more one-trick-pony-cars when it comes to sports car performance.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they are the best cars in the world. But I do not think this because of their acceleration potential.

See the other thread from the guy who autox'd his P85 (not D or plus) and routinly won in his class beating a bmw M3.

Does "fast" mean acceleration? I always thought "fast" means velocity.

It does the way Elon Musk used the term at the Model 3 reveal. Start at 10:10:

I'll paraphrase, without changing anything significant:

Musk (Not quoted directly) - "Even the base Model 3 will do 0-60 in less than six seconds. At Tesla we don't make slow cars. And of course there will be versions of the Model 3 that go much faster."

Yea we are....speak for yourself... ;)

I second that.

Show up at the drag strip in a sea of heavily modified Camaros, Stangs, Hellcats, GTRs...the usual, argue with the officials that you don't need an engine to run as they do their pre-race inspection, post an 11.x on your first ever run while absolutely destroying the ridiculously noisy and smoky machine and that appears to be bogged down on the start line when the lights go green, repeat as needed until you have at least an 11.2...then drive home in total silence while listening to soothing classical music.

Alex

Personally, I would rather have a "Quick" car than a "Fast" car. A Quick car is much more usable for everyday driving, traffic light to traffic light, and I have nowhere around here that I can safely drive a Fast car, not to mention the tickets I would get. I don't really consider that to make my Tesla a "one trick pony", as there are many, many compelling things about the car, like the Autopilot, TACC, retracting door handles, stealthy sound (or lack of it), Panoramic roof, Frunk, great sound system, Internet connectivity, and the beautiful body design. I don't live anywhere near the Autobahn, so I couldn't care less that my Tesla can't cruise at 150 mph.
\

Agree, and the Model S is very quick. It's near-instantaneous responsiveness has got me out of trouble more than a few times. I consider it an important safety feature.