Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla Model S firmware wish list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is collection of firmware wishes from different international forums. This list will be updated regularly .

1. Seat and steering wheel go back to default position when car is in park.
  2. Audio

• Presets EQ like, Rock, Pop, and Jazz. OR the possibility to save 3 custom user EQ.
  • Shuffle, Repeat, Playlist.
  • Possibility to adjust sub woofer volume.
  • Searchable TuneIn station list
  • When listening to XM - the steering wheel track up/down buttons would scroll through every station and not just the favorites.
  • Previews of what’s playing on each station from the browse screen.
  • Scrolling artist/album/song lists from the USB drive on the steering wheel scroll wheel.
  • Allow USB connection to iPhone for music instead of just Bluetooth.
  • Larger fonts on the stored radio channels.
  • Switch media source by voice command
  • Able to move favorite songs in custom order

1. Display
    1. Display projected range in the instrument energy plot (same as in the touchscreen energy plot).
    2. Auto dimmable display brightness, when driving in to tunnels and such or its dark outside.
    3. 12V battery status on screen.
    4. Window lock button (or something similar in the GUI) disables the at least for the right side of the driver's window switch panel.
    5. Homelink button popup either much larger or, ideally, placed in the center of the screen where it's easier to get to.
    6. Have preferences setting to let the browser identify itself as either a mobile browser or a regular desktop browser.
    7. Weather app
    8. Enable Flash/HTML5/Video when in park
  2. Car.
    1. Make the "average/instantaneous" option of the Energy App sticky, also to the driver preferences.
    2. Have the option to let the car “idle”, which I mean keep the air-condition , audio and so forth running for a set amount of time when the driver is not in the vehicle. For example if driver is in the store and the dog is in the car and it is hot outside. If the car had an “idle” function it would maintain preset temperature for a set amount of time.
    3. Suspension preset settings: comfort, sport and normal.
    4. Ability for the phone app to send pop up notifications for alerts, such as forgetting to charge, or letting you know there is an issue if you are not in the car yourself.
    5. Adding grid lines to the rear view camera to assist in parking.
    6. Ability for the car to recognize that there is crud on the back up camera before you start driving, so you can clean it if necessary.
    7. Ability for the car to stop on its own if the parking sensors is sensing a collision.
    8. Ability to view tire pressure on touchscreen
    9. Ability for phone to either display text message from phone on display (privacy option) or read the text aloud over the sound system...also the ability to respond by voice.
    10. Range factoring in the ambient temperature.
    11. Allow the suspension height to be geofenced.
    12. GPS enabled homelink activation.
    13. Option for gated community receivers. For gates to parking houses and so on.
    14. Auto- unfold mirrors above a certain speed (say 20 mph)
    15. Locking the car into a Driver Profile with limits on max torque, max speed, and certain app restrictions. (Valet mode)
    16. Roll up the windows from the Tesla application.
    17. Key fob to enable both lowering raising all of the windows
    18. Add a "Regen" counter to track how much energy was generated via regen since the last charge.
    19. An Inside Cabin temp indicator.
    20. Able to rest in car without outsiders opening the doors, simply adding a button on the main screen labeled SECURE LOCK.
  3. Navigation:
    1. Pre download maps for set route.
    2. When calculating route, calculate range and charging stations
    3. Implement Waze
    4. Larger street names option
    5. Make it easier to see traffic conditions along your route.
    6. Right scroll-wheel option to adjust zoom level on map.
    7. Better attenuation. Lower the sound of the music when nav speaks.
    8. Separate nav and media volumes. I want navigation to be louder than the radio volume
    9. Nav sound should increase with speed.
    10. save address with names
  4. Interior
    1. Make the dome/map lights dimmable via "push & hold"
    2. Possibility to have the footwell light on while driving. Make it part of the dome light or have its own dimmable button.
    3. have the interior lights stay on while the doors are open
  5. Phone
    1. Driver's profile to pair the right phone.
    2. The Recent Calls list is nice but it would be better if we could have a Favorites list under phone so that we can see the people we call the most. The favorites list would also be under the steering wheel controls

If you see any wishes that do not belong here, either because they are fixed in a firmware or the wish simple can not be done, or you have a wish that is not listed, please send me a message or edit the list via this link:

All suggestion are appreciated.

Tesla Model S firmware wish list.

I added my username to the dashcam requests in the link you provided.

I feel like with HW2, being able to process and store this video is definitely within reason. I'm about to take delivery of a MS60D and I'd like to have the ability to record, but it just seems silly to add another camera or two to a vehicle that is already equipped with 8 cameras.

Hopefully this capability will roll out with the impending mobile app update.

Many on this list are already incorporated. For those not... Still On My Wish List (all I want from Santa this year)
2.9. Ability for phone to either display text message from phone on display (privacy option) or read the text aloud over the sound system...also the ability to respond by voice.
2.13. Option for gated community receivers. For gates to parking houses and so on.
2.15. Locking the car into a Driver Profile with limits on max torque, max speed, and certain app restrictions. (Valet mode)
4.2. Possibility to have the footwell light on while driving. Make it part of the dome light or have its own dimmable button.