Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S - Help needed with config

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you everyone for your ideas on my previous post. I did the 24 hr test drive today and cannot wait to order my new Model S. Here is what I am thinking as options:

Model 60S
Enhanced Auto Pilot
Premium Upgrades Package
Leather Interior
Glass Roof

What do you think?

Thank you everyone for your ideas on my previous post. I did the 24 hr test drive today and cannot wait to order my new Model S. Here is what I am thinking as options:

Model 60S
Enhanced Auto Pilot
Premium Upgrades Package
Leather Interior
Glass Roof

What do you think?

Did your test vehicle include Smart Air Suspension? Big difference between air and the standard coils, in my opinion. You may want to test drive the other suspension to compare before the 60 gets discontinued on Monday.

Other than that, I approve of your config! :)

Just placed my order with the same exact set of options minus the premium package. Speaking with my local sales advisor he personally said the money spent on the premium package could be better spent on any other option.

His reasoning were:
1. If my 80 year old grandmother has no problem opening and closing the manual trunk lid, then a power liftgate is overkill
2. HEPA filter system is a parlour trick at best (unless you live next to a dump or have IBS)
3. Leather steering wheel is standard and not only available with this package
4. Alcantra trim is nice but the standard trim is just as nice
5. Phone dock is $35
6. All the other features are cool but saving $3500 is cooler

Enough reasons for me to skip it at least.

You can add an after market rear power lift strut for about $400, in a way that is integrated with center console command button for opening rear hatch, and key fob for opening hatch. No Tesla trickery requried, just wires into harnesses that are there for the rear latch release. Some forum member has done it. Videos to prove it.

Had I know that at order time, may have made a difference to what package / options I chose. At the time, power lift was part of tech package that cost either $2500 or $3500 (I forget) which I took, because I wanted all the other trimmings too.

Just placed my order with the same exact set of options minus the premium package. Speaking with my local sales advisor he personally said the money spent on the premium package could be better spent on any other option.

His reasoning were:
1. If my 80 year old grandmother has no problem opening and closing the manual trunk lid, then a power liftgate is overkill
2. HEPA filter system is a parlour trick at best (unless you live next to a dump or have IBS)
3. Leather steering wheel is standard and not only available with this package
4. Alcantra trim is nice but the standard trim is just as nice
5. Phone dock is $35
6. All the other features are cool but saving $3500 is cooler

Enough reasons for me to skip it at least.
The leather steering wheel was my big draw...did not know I can get the leather steering wheel independent of the pup!

I like the power lift gate. Not just for 80 year olds. Also good for people with 7-15 year old kids. Can quickly pop open the back so kids can deposit backpacks, school supplies, etc. I'm assuming younger and you won't have them wandering around and older can handle a standard lift gate.

Other choices are all perfect. Do agree to make sure you test drove a coil car. I went with coils.

FWIW, if I was buying today this is what I would get plus I would still pay for the blue paint. I like my sunroof (and my 3 year old REALLY likes the sunroof), but I also really like the look of that glass roof. Otherwise this is basically what I have except AP1 and being able to pick-out the interior finishes.

Reactions: Tslanwbie
Struggling to choose - Red with Tan interior/Silver with Tan interior/Midnight Silver with White interior

Midnight Silver and White would also be my vote. For whatever reason the tan color seems to be very polarizing. I kind of like it, but I would pick the white personally. Mine is Blue/Grey for what it is worth. Would do Blue/White if I had to do it with the options today.

I'm only repeating what the sales advisor told me on my test drive. He could be wrong. I'd wait to hear it from a few sources before making a definitive decision.
just fyi, According to Tesla online person, without the Premium pkg, the wheel is covered with synthetic material and not leather. I purcased my model s 60 without premium pkg, will receive in June/july