Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S in Russia? (Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX

The owner bought the car in the states and shipped it to russia.
Some things they talked about
-No service centers in Russia
-no superchargers/battery swap locations
-cheaper less comfortable interior than his 6 series BMW

if I understood correctly he bought 2 more model s's, a white and a red one.

I wonder if tesla will officially start selling vehicles in Russia anytime soon.

Enjoy the video!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you are right. This is in Moscow, Russia.
6th series he is mean BMW X6.

Now in Russia is about 5 or 6 Model S.

There is no official service, but there are many enthusiasts! :)
Glad to hear there are Tesla enthusiasts in Russia, I'm hopeful tesla starts selling vehicles to Russia soon.
Are there any differences between cars sold in Russia and rest of europe? If not then there would be no modification needed to the current EU model s to sell in russia!

I'm glad this video did not end like all the other youtube videos of cars in Russia I've watched...ending in a big crash. I did not see a dashcam installed next to the rear view mirror.
:)
Glad to hear there are Tesla enthusiasts in Russia, I'm hopeful tesla starts selling vehicles to Russia soon.
Are there any differences between cars sold in Russia and rest of europe? If not then there would be no modification needed to the current EU model s to sell in russia!
I think now there is no differences. But our government is always changing laws.
So in near future all cars imported in Russia need to be with Russian language, as I remember.
But with LCD screens Tesla is only need to update firmware :)

But European Model S version is more expensive.

Well that was a test of my rusty Russian and I'll admit that I couldn't follow all of what they were saying about the maps, web connectivity etc. The big issue is undoubtedly the inability to swap out the SIM for something that will work in Russia.

Kinda funny also to hear someone other than Americans discussing cupholder space.

Well that was a test of my rusty Russian and I'll admit that I couldn't follow all of what they were saying about the maps, web connectivity etc. The big issue is undoubtedly the inability to swap out the SIM for something that will work in Russia.

Kinda funny also to hear someone other than Americans discussing cupholder space.
Thank you for fixing the video!