Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Indoor Car Cover -- Worth almost $400??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched and couldn't find a thread about the indoor cover -- saw some about the outdoor cover.

Tesla site has it for $350 Model S Indoor Car Cover Tesla Motors

But they add $19 shipping and $22.14 in tax for total of $391.14 (I guess for states with higher tax you're gonna be over $400).

How necessary are the front wheel vents for cooling? The plug flap for charging is nice. And it looks pretty darn good.

But $400?

8_grande.jpg
5_copy_grande.jpg
10_grande.jpg
7_grande.jpg
9_grande.jpg

That was my other question. Do they do more damage than good. Occasionally a bird gets in our garage and craps on the cars. But if the cover is going to scratch the paint (esp on my black car), obviously I won't get it...

Never will any vehicle of mine see a cover...

Used one of the top of the line covers 20 years ago on a car I had .... and it created areas that basically marred the paint ....

No thanks! For me anyway.

But isn't an indoor cover an oxymoron ??

So first ... no moisture issues with the indoor cover, since it is not waterproof. Nothing trapped. It's lined with a really nice fleecy interior, the outside is fabric, too.

An indoor car cover is not an oxymoron -- I only use it when I'm gone for extended periods of time. I washed my Roadster today, washed the car cover, and the Roadster is safely tucked away in the garage. I'm leaving for a couple of weeks tomorrow & when I come back, there will be no dust on my car, no little cat paw prints ... just a nice, shiny car waiting for me. (I throw sheets over the Prius when I'm not using it for the same reasons.)

(For those of you who worry about my pets ... two words: house sitter.)

Whoa....too much work if its your daily driver.

My solution:
Kids.... Beat them
Dogs... Beat them
Birds... Pellet gun.

(It's a joke Bonnie:smile:)

Wouldn't use it daily, more like Bonnie said, when it's sitting unused for more than a few days. I know I could get a cover from somewhere else for cheaper, but it wouldn't have Tesla's sweet logos. But $400 is a lot. Then again, it's a $102,000 car... ;)

Mainly wondering if anyone else has gotten it, and if it's a high quality one. I'd certainly hope Tesla wouldn't sell a crappy one.

Hello Scott:

I purchased the outside cover and have used it once. It is very nice and does have a nice soft fleece as Bonnie stated on the underside. I made sure the car was clean before slipping it on and it did a great job protecting the $100 k car.

It looks great as well. I keep in stored in the frunk

K Hall

I've never really purchased a car cover because I'm too lazy to put it on all the time.

But I just got a cover for my BBQ a couple of weeks ago and it was $60 for the nicer one that I ended up getting. $400 doesn't sound that odd to me for a fitted OEM car cover (with a Tesla Logo?) that is presumably very high quality. That said, if it wasn't high quality I'd be pissed to shell out that kinda money.

I purchased the indoor car cover about a month ago and am very happy with it. It is expensive, but in my opinion it is a nice looking, high quality cover. It has soft fleecy material on the inside which is unlikely to scratch the paint unless your car has a lot of dirt on it before putting on the cover. The cover also has elastic on both ends, venting over the front grill and front wheels, and a very useful velcro flap over the charging port. I use the cover on a daily basis in my garage to protect my car from our cats who apparently enjoy putting as many paw prints as possible on black paint. It's easy to install in less than a minute -- my routine is to briefly dust off the car with one of those microfiber car "mops", roll the cover out over the car lengthwise beginning at the frunk, extend it over the side mirrors and then pull the elastic ends over back and front of the car. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I'm about to leave my car for a month, at least, so I'm thinking about getting an interior cover.

The lettering is a bit much for me, but in the picture, it looks like you may be able to peel the lettering off.

Does anyone know?