Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Indoor Car Cover -- Worth almost $400??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mainly wondering if anyone else has gotten it, and if it's a high quality one. I'd certainly hope Tesla wouldn't sell a crappy one.

I purchased within a week of getting our MS, yes it is a durable high quality soft material, and does not appear to mar or scratch the surface of the vehicle. I had an old outdoor gm cover about 20 years ago and that fell apart in a few months. I have had the indoor for the past 9 months and use it daily (our EV shares space with a special pet and occiasionally sits/sleeps on car, and the indoor cover alleviates any concern about scratches or paw prints).

My advice, get it. It stores very nicely in a duffle-bag it comes in and it easy to take off and put on in just a few minutes.

It stores very nicely in a duffle-bag it comes in
I really like my Tesla Model S cover, but have never tried to get it back into the duffle it came in. That looks like a chore, as it came rolled up very tightly and neatly which would be hard to duplicate. I only use the cover at my house when my car is clean and I am going to be away for weeks; when not in use my cover is loosely folded and stored in a clean cabinet in the garage.

I'm a big fan of California Car Covers - I prefer their plushweave and have purchased one for all of my cars. My oldest cover is 15 years old, and it is still holding up great. Soft fleece on the inside and somewhat water resistant on the outside. I use them primarily indoors, only on a clear car, when I'm away and won't be driving for a week or so. They roll nicely into a duffel bag that fits in frunk/trunk.

I sent photos of the Telsa branded covered to California Car Covers to ensure that their cover has the same cutouts, and it did, so I bought it.