TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S - Interactive Infographic

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Romtim, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Romtim

Romtim New Member

• Like x 6
  2. alseTrick

alseTrick Member

45 tons of CO2 every 150,000 miles?

[​IMG]

3. jdw

jdw Member

Nice work - thanks!

4. TEUNTSLA

TEUNTSLA Member

nicely done, the discussion outside the EV owners however seems to argue that the power plants are outputting CO2 so its not a true zero emission. at the pipe it is, but in the grand scheme it isnt. has anyone seen any resources in that regard for simple comparison?

very nice info graphic however.

5. Bruin1996

Bruin1996 Member

Very nice infographic. If you get solar power like I did then you can keep your true CO2 emissions to zero.

6. Romtim

Romtim New Member

I know, right? :)

Glad you liked it!

Thanks!
    Yes, it varies from country to country and state to state. If you use solar energy in your home, its pretty much 0.

Thank you! Yes, exactly :

7. 787steve

787steve Member

I saw a thread where the Union of Concerned Scientists , who look into all sorts of things, did a true study of EV's. If I recall correctly, they said that they are basically at least 50% greener than ICEs, after you consider the pollution from the power companies. You have to realize that oil has to be drilled, transported to the refinery, then transported to the uh...uh...I can't recall the name. Oh yes, Gas Station.

Here is a link to a cool calculator they put out which lets you compare your car to ICE's and hybrids, taking into account your location. This shows more if you live somewhere where elec comes from coal, vs windmills, etc. It also lets you select your make and model of car. I think I will print out the version for my Model S and keep it in the glove box, in case I ever feel I need to defend my position.

How Clean is Your Electric Vehicle?

• Like x 1
  8. 787steve

787steve Member

Here is the link to the report by the Union of Concerned Scientists. It is excellent reading for Tesla owners. In the summary it states, about BEV's (Battery powered EVs,)
    "From cradle to grave, BEVs are cleaner. On average, BEVs representative of those sold today produce less than half the global warming emissions of comparable gasoline-powered vehicles, even when the higher emissions associated with BEV manufacturing are taken into consideration. "

Here is the link: http://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default/files/attach/2015/11/Cleaner-Cars-from-Cradle-to-Grave-full-report.pdf
    Enjoy

• Like x 1
  9. davidc18

davidc18 Member

Very slick.

10. alseTrick

alseTrick Member

My last 2 vehicles have both had over 215,000 miles...:( (I really, really loved my last car though. Not my current one; I hate it.)

11. Romtim

Romtim New Member

Yeah, when we went through the math, the CO2 emissions surprised us as well :)

12. Snerruc

Snerruc Member

In Singapore Teslas pay a big carbon tax.

13. Romtim

Romtim New Member

Thats great to know, I won't be moving to Singapore any time soon.