Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S - Interactive Infographic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
45 tons of CO2 every 150,000 miles?

5fd6191df3085e00535a8d295dc49b1b.png

nicely done, the discussion outside the EV owners however seems to argue that the power plants are outputting CO2 so its not a true zero emission. at the pipe it is, but in the grand scheme it isnt. has anyone seen any resources in that regard for simple comparison?

very nice info graphic however.

45 tons of CO2 every 150,000 miles?

5fd6191df3085e00535a8d295dc49b1b.png
I know, right? :)

Nice work - thanks!
Glad you liked it!

nicely done, the discussion outside the EV owners however seems to argue that the power plants are outputting CO2 so its not a true zero emission. at the pipe it is, but in the grand scheme it isnt. has anyone seen any resources in that regard for simple comparison?
Thanks!
Yes, it varies from country to country and state to state. If you use solar energy in your home, its pretty much 0.

Very nice infographic. If you get solar power like I did then you can keep your true CO2 emissions to zero.
Thank you! Yes, exactly :

I saw a thread where the Union of Concerned Scientists , who look into all sorts of things, did a true study of EV's. If I recall correctly, they said that they are basically at least 50% greener than ICEs, after you consider the pollution from the power companies. You have to realize that oil has to be drilled, transported to the refinery, then transported to the uh...uh...I can't recall the name. Oh yes, Gas Station.

Here is a link to a cool calculator they put out which lets you compare your car to ICE's and hybrids, taking into account your location. This shows more if you live somewhere where elec comes from coal, vs windmills, etc. It also lets you select your make and model of car. I think I will print out the version for my Model S and keep it in the glove box, in case I ever feel I need to defend my position.

How Clean is Your Electric Vehicle?

Reactions: GoTslaGo
Here is the link to the report by the Union of Concerned Scientists. It is excellent reading for Tesla owners. In the summary it states, about BEV's (Battery powered EVs,)
"From cradle to grave, BEVs are cleaner. On average, BEVs representative of those sold today produce less than half the global warming emissions of comparable gasoline-powered vehicles, even when the higher emissions associated with BEV manufacturing are taken into consideration. "

Here is the link: http://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default...ner-Cars-from-Cradle-to-Grave-full-report.pdf
Enjoy

Reactions: GoTslaGo