TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S Key - Brand New Never Programmed

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by playoutside, Jul 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. playoutside

playoutside Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg 1007492-00-F PASSIVE ENTRY TRANSPONDER 315 MHZ Key FOB.

A friend of mine who used to work for Tesla had some extra Model S keys. These are new and have never been programmed. As you can see they are out of the plastic, but still look new.

He said they will work with North American cars and each Model S can be programmed to support up to 5 keys. He said when he worked at Tesla they could not re-program used keys but would program new keys. I would recommend checking with your service center if you have questions about programming.

These will not work with European cars.

Price is $180 including priority shipping to USA. I'd rather not ship to Canada, but may consider it. I will not ship to any other countries, sorry.

I can accept PayPal or Venmo for payment.

2. jaguar36

jaguar36 Member

Wouldn't these keys be Tesla's property?

3. playoutside

playoutside Member

Apparently these were sent with him to Europe. After trying a few keys on a customer's car he realized he had the wrong keys (European keys run on a different frequency). Since these were open and show a tiny amount of wear, they no longer wanted to sell them.

4. Fusion

Fusion Member

New keys are $145 at Tesla.

5. playoutside

playoutside Member

Thanks, I just learned of Tesla lowering their key price.

My new price is $99 shipped to the USA.

6. marcebahn

marcebahn Member

How many keys are available?

Tesla has replaced existing keys... What if you swap out keys more then 5 times... Is there a limit?

Thanks

7. playoutside

playoutside Member

You'd have to ask a tech about that. I imagine they would just de-activate the old keys. I know they can do that as another member told a story about his keys getting stolen and tesla de-activating the stolen ones.