TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S left & right mirrors

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ralsagoff, Feb 28, 2014.

1. ralsagoff

ralsagoff Member

To all members, I have just listed on Ebay, a pair of left & right mirror assemblys. These are the manually folding & heated ones that came with the later generation 2013 models. They are not the automatic folding & heated ones that I just upgraded to. A new pair from Tesla cost about $1,300. I have a buy-now-price for $700 with free shipping! I had mine swapped out at the Torrance service center and the service tech will be able to vouch for it and provide a quote to swap yours out. This would be a great for a MS owner who has the older non folding mirrors or needs a replacement. Rick

2. Zextraterrestrial

what older mirrors were non folding?

replacement, understandable. What color are they?

3. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

I think he’s referring to non-electrically folding mirrors. I also have a set of these, since I updated my mirrors to electrically folding ones. I’ll be watching this listing to see if anyone is interest in buying these.

4. Zextraterrestrial

'These are the manually folding & heated ones that came with the later generation 2013 models.'

yes but I thought that every side mirror was this way even on the first sigs? so these are good for damaged mirror replacement, not an upgrade (unless there were actually 'fixed' mirrors?)
    my 2012 are heated manually folding

5. ralsagoff

ralsagoff Member

The earlier ones came with mirrors that cannot be folded. Two of my friends have them. The ones I am selling can be used to replace the non folding mirrors. So they are not just replacements for damaged folding mirrors. You can check with the Torrance Service Center that changed mine. Rick

6. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

I have Sig 116

The mirrors fold just fine, manually.

7. William13

William13 Member

Ralsagoff, your friends may be confused by their mirrors being stick/stuck. All the mirrors on Sigs can be manually folded.

8. ralsagoff

ralsagoff Member

The Torrance CA Tesla SC has confirmed that most older MSs do not have manually folding mirrors and that they are not stuck. Such can upgrade to the manually folding or for more money to the auto folding.

9. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Must be really old then, because mine manually fold at 5130.

10. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

The mirrors on VIN 2006 can be manually folded.