Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S limited 40/60 kWh - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me back the seller just a little bit:

For all of us who already own Models Ss, it is in our best interest that re-sales occur at the highest possible prices. And the more Very High Asking Prices that are out there, the greater the likelihood that the overall clearing price of the brand goes and stays high.

Okay, now that I've put that out, I agree with the sentiment of most of the other respondents: that is a very aggressive price, and I wish the seller good luck! I absolutely do not think it appropriate for a lot of the snide remarks that have been made to remain. Think about it this way: if you offered something for sale on a forum, and were treated to the barrage of insult shown here, would you stick around, or take your marbles elsewhere? I know my response would not be "Gee - you're right. I really am a d**mb*ss. Thanks for letting me know that. I guess I'll lower my price XX and sell it to you".

I gave you credit for that remark and we can all do with a bit courtesy reminders now and again, but reading the remarks thus far I don't think any of them are all that out of line. (Also note that the seller has lowered the price since the original posting and some of the replies were posted before that. The original price was outrageous, IMHO.) While we should be courteous, I don't see a reason to sugar coat feedback.

And as far as the incentives for new cars are concerned, I believe they should be accounted for since they play a factor for a buyer that is weighing the options of buying new or used. This car was originally priced higher than new (had the 40 still been offered) and so has some other cars listed in this section. When that happens, no seller is well served by the rest of us being quiet about it. As far as the 40 goes, there may be sellers out there thinking it has collector's value. For me it doesn't, but to each his own.

Hello,

I have a white 40KhW that was one of the very last produced. It is just shy of 5800 miles. It is white and has the following options: Pano Roof, Tech Package, Black Nappy Seats, Obeche Wood Matte Decor, Fog lamps and Premium Interior lighting. I also purchased the extended warranty to add another 4 years. Pricing out a 60 kWh today would costs a total of $80,970 and after the $7500 tax credit it would be $73,470, but that does not include the extended warranty. I live in Atlanta and plan on "upgrading to a P85" sometime. If someone wants to make me a decent offer I would consider it.

Hello,

I have a white 40KhW that was one of the very last produced. It is just shy of 5800 miles. It is white and has the following options: Pano Roof, Tech Package, Black Nappy Seats, Obeche Wood Matte Decor, Fog lamps and Premium Interior lighting. I also purchased the extended warranty to add another 4 years. Pricing out a 60 kWh today would costs a total of $80,970 and after the $7500 tax credit it would be $73,470, but that does not include the extended warranty. I live in Atlanta and plan on "upgrading to a P85" sometime. If someone wants to make me a decent offer I would consider it.

Sounds like a nice car. I, like you were an EARLY ADOPTER so I imagine your window sticker for the car was $64900 plus $1100 delivery charges. You got a $7500 credit bringing your costs down to around $57400 AND sales tax or about $60k. So what would be a reasonable price for the car that is 1 year old and has 5800 miles and will cost about $10k to upgrade to a 60? Or maybe someone would like to have a TESLA with the limited range of a 40. I am on the fence about buying a BASIC NO OPTION 60, ($64500 after rebate) or look for a good used one for my wife to drive to and from work. When you are ready PM me and maybe I will make an offer.