Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon,
I am new to this forum and recently started driving a Tesla Model S. I am just having a charging problem at work with the public charging stations.

I can charge anywhere, super charge, public charging stations and at home. But not at my work. We have tried all kinds of things now:

1. Adjusted settings for charging on the Tesla
2. Tried different charging passes
3. Different charging cables tried
4. Charging poles reset
5. Cables properly and firmly pressed on
6. Charging poles are open for public use

The car indicates: possibly low grid quality.

I now get the following advice from the technical department: "That is why I would like to ask your garage if it could be a setting why the car does not work on the specific charging points, and as you indicated elsewhere, it does, and not on the cable. "

Can anyone help me further? Because I have no idea anymore.
Thanks in advance.

Are you getting this error?

CS_a032Poor electric grid power quality detectedTry different charging station or location​

Charging speed has been reduced or charging has been interrupted due to a condition that affects your vehicle’s ability to charge with AC power. DC fast charging / Supercharging should still function as expected.
The onboard charger in your vehicle has detected power supply disturbances in the electrical power grid. These disturbances interfere with your vehicle's charging process.
Typical causes of these power supply disturbances include:
  • Issues with the building wiring and/or the wall outlet.
  • Issues with the external charging equipment.
  • Other large electric devices, such as washing machines or air conditioning units, that temporarily draw a lot of power or otherwise disturb the electrical power grid.
  • External conditions affecting the electrical power grid.
As this alert is usually specific to external charging equipment and power sources, and it does not typically indicate an issue with your vehicle that can be resolved by scheduling service, it is recommended that you:
  • Try charging with different wall outlets.
  • Try charging again (disconnect and reconnect to retry) when other large electric devices are not drawing power.
  • Try charging with multiple, different types of charging equipment at different locations.
You can also try charging your vehicle using a Tesla Supercharger or Destination Charging location, all of which can be located through the map on your vehicle's touchscreen display. See Maps and Navigation for more details. Additional third-party charging stations may also be available in your area to help you to pinpoint the issue.
For more information on troubleshooting Mobile Connector or Wall Connector status lights, refer to the product's Owner's Manual at Charging & Adapter Product Guides. If using other external charging equipment, refer to the manufacturer's provided documentation for troubleshooting tips.

Upvote 0
If you are using Schuko plug (this ordinary 240V EU cable plug) on your Tesla UMC then try to rotate the plug by 180° so that the polarity on the wall will match. I presume you are seeing red Led’s on the small black box tangling on the UMC cable? Here is a simple sketch:

961D27A3-4049-496A-8220-AE638CDA085B.jpeg

Upvote 0
Are you getting this error?

CS_a032Poor electric grid power quality detectedTry different charging station or location​

Charging speed has been reduced or charging has been interrupted due to a condition that affects your vehicle’s ability to charge with AC power. DC fast charging / Supercharging should still function as expected.
The onboard charger in your vehicle has detected power supply disturbances in the electrical power grid. These disturbances interfere with your vehicle's charging process.
Typical causes of these power supply disturbances include:
  • Issues with the building wiring and/or the wall outlet.
  • Issues with the external charging equipment.
  • Other large electric devices, such as washing machines or air conditioning units, that temporarily draw a lot of power or otherwise disturb the electrical power grid.
  • External conditions affecting the electrical power grid.
As this alert is usually specific to external charging equipment and power sources, and it does not typically indicate an issue with your vehicle that can be resolved by scheduling service, it is recommended that you:
  • Try charging with different wall outlets.
  • Try charging again (disconnect and reconnect to retry) when other large electric devices are not drawing power.
  • Try charging with multiple, different types of charging equipment at different locations.
You can also try charging your vehicle using a Tesla Supercharger or Destination Charging location, all of which can be located through the map on your vehicle's touchscreen display. See Maps and Navigation for more details. Additional third-party charging stations may also be available in your area to help you to pinpoint the issue.
For more information on troubleshooting Mobile Connector or Wall Connector status lights, refer to the product's Owner's Manual at Charging & Adapter Product Guides. If using other external charging equipment, refer to the manufacturer's provided documentation for troubleshooting tips.
No, i don't see that error, only: possibly low quality net.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Upvote 0