TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S observations/queries Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Aug 29, 2014.

1. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I wanted to start this thread to see what people have observed and to ask questions about their Model S. I will start out to ask this one. When I am driving on the freeway and have to slow down for traffic, I take my foot off the accelerator. Does my brake light come on or does it come on only when I press the brake?

I also have turned "Creep" off since the firmware update. I like it that way. What are other people's experience with "Creep"?

2. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Great idea for a thread drtko!

I think once you take your foot completely off the pedal the brake lights come on. As for creep, I like it. Especially for slowly pulling forward into my garage to make sure I hit my mark that means I fully in.

i pose another question..for those of us without parking sensors..what tips do you have for making sure you're not 10 feet away..lol..from the front of the parking stall ? I still have to get out and check sometimes.

3. RodF

RodF Member

I've been a creep user from day 1. But after we received hill hold, it seemed it was a little less necessary. Two weeks ago I turned off creep and never looked back.

Ditto on Nanimac's question. I really want to get a front camera, but am not handy enough to install it myself. Once I find a shop that can install it, done deal!

4. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I have the front camera kit ready for installation but haven't had time to put it in. We are in the process of renovating the kitchen so my weekends are tied up in doing that. Has anyone else installed theirs?

5. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

I have the front camera, but haven't install it yet. I watched the installs at TMC connect. Looks pretty straight forward (probably a couple of hours per car). Maybe we should look into a get together to install several, or find a shop willing to cut us a deal for a group install.

6. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I think that would be a great idea to do the install together. I do have a lot of the tools to do the job.

7. RodF

RodF Member

#7 RodF, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    If it looks like something like that is a possibility, I need to order it. I know it is somewhere in this forum, but can you point me to where you ordered the hardware?

Edit: Found it.

8. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

9. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

10. spleen

spleen Active Member

What Stephen said. Brake lights come on based on amount of deceleration taking place with regen. They will always come on when you tap your brakes.

I have had creep turned off since day 1. Surprisingly my mother prefers it that way too.

11. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Someone on TM posted a reply about regen that expained what happens with regard to when regen starts and brake light come one depending on different levels of speed. I've spend about two hours searching for it, but can't find it. If I do, I'll post it.

12. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Great Idea I'll be at your house tomorrow.:biggrin: I am still waiting to install my camera and my front "T". I keep putting it off. I am also waiting to see what happens with the "new" cable with more shielding.

13. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I've wired my car for the camera. And was testing the front cam before running the long cable. Looks like my switch is bad and I will be sending my switch to artsci for his review.

14. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

if you need a new switch to test with you can use mine to verify it is the switch. (and I can test my long cable to see if it needs replacing...)