Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S P85....Naval aviator approved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
Just got back from a cookout when I took a few people for a ride including a former Naval aviator/Blue Angel for a quick ride. EV grins all around and afterwards he said that the P85 felt as close to being launched off of an aircraft carrier via the catapult he's felt in years. In fact he said it didn't feel any different at least at the start of the run. The smooth, constant acceleration was very similar according to him. Pretty impressive. I know we have a few other pilots here but it was fun to hear someone say this in person.

Last edited:
Just got back from a cookout when I took a few people for a ride including a former Naval aviator/Blue Angel for a quick ride. EV grins all around and afterwards he said that the P85 felt as close to being launched off of aircraft carrier he's felt in years. In fact he said it didn't feel any different at least at the start of the run. The smooth, constant acceleration was very similar according to him. Pretty impressive. I know we have a few other pilots here but it was fun to hear someone say this in person.

Not a Blue Angel, but a private pilot, and the launch during my test ride was much better than flying :smile: