TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S P85....Naval aviator approved

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by dsm363, Sep 2, 2013.

1. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#1 dsm363, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    Just got back from a cookout when I took a few people for a ride including a former Naval aviator/Blue Angel for a quick ride. EV grins all around and afterwards he said that the P85 felt as close to being launched off of an aircraft carrier via the catapult he's felt in years. In fact he said it didn't feel any different at least at the start of the run. The smooth, constant acceleration was very similar according to him. Pretty impressive. I know we have a few other pilots here but it was fun to hear someone say this in person.

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Nice. I once took a friend of mine who's a retired AA pilot (and also ex-Navy) for a ride in my Roadster; he said it was the only time he really felt G-forces in something that wasn't leaving the ground.

3. texex91

texex91 Banned

Not a Blue Angel, but a private pilot, and the launch during my test ride was much better than flying :smile:

4. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I'm a former US Navy Flight Surgeon with about a hundred hours in Marine Corps F/A-18's.

Driving the Model S is a like a flash back to my Navy days!