Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S P85D v6.2 Performance Data and Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just go back from driving the P85D about 100 miles and got a very good amount of testing done. The car feels harder hitting when accelerating from a roll, but not any faster. Launches feel the same. Same average highway passing power.. I'd say placebo effect here.

The Tesla 85 is a great car but distance you can drive with a fully charged battery remains too short, it needs an additional 25% of distance capacity. 500 km would be great.
Is tesla doing something on that?
Instead of developing other fancy things, this is of utmost importance and an absolute priority for users of tesla

The Tesla 85 is a great car but distance you can drive with a fully charged battery remains too short, it needs an additional 25% of distance capacity. 500 km would be great.
Is tesla doing something on that?
Instead of developing other fancy things, this is of utmost importance and an absolute priority for users of tesla

Welcome ejabobs to the forum!

You may not know this, but Tesla invented these cool charging systems called "Superchargers" that will charge that battery when driving distances that exceed the capacity of the battery. They charge quick enough to have a pit stop and you are on your way. No real "need" to have a bigger battery. They are all over the country and likely just where you need them to travel outside the range of the 85kW battery.

Just to give an example, I live nearby Gent and travel frequently to Paris, distance 335km.
I have one charging location possible in Senlis, provided the usual traffic jams in this surrounded of Lille and I won't make it to senlis.

heh, ok, I have the data right here, it is what it is.... here is the video of the other run, no dash video, but was indeed at 100% SOC

and another run at 3.17, older software release

you can choose to believe what you want.... or go run some tests yourself...

Where's the other video showing the 3.14 that is also done starting with a 254 rated charge????? If not, then it's not a valid comparison.

Last edited by a moderator: