Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S p85d visits for a full body clear bra wrap and Modesta coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
p85d
Modesta BC-04 and Full Body Clear Bra Wrap

We are always happy to get calls from new Tesla Model S owners inquiring about clear bra (paint protection film) and the coating systems we offer here in the greater Atlanta area, but happier to see them leave in the care of their owners! After a consultation to educate our clients, they are empowered to make the best decisions on longterm protection and enhancement services for their new Tesla's. We wanted to share a few pictures of a p85d that visited us for an extensive protection service.

It received:
Full body clear bra wrap -protects all exterior painted surfaces from scuffs, rock chips, vandalism and swirl marks with self-healing technology.
Modesta BC-04 on top of the film -provides incredible luster and responsive water characteristics.
Leather coating -the ultimate in leather protection that also eases cleaning.
Modesta BC-06 on the wheels and painted calipers -heat resistant to 1,300 degrees celsius, protects the finish of the wheels and eases maintenance greatly.

Thanks for looking and feel free to reach out to us or leave a post with any questions you may have.

17181730009_5013130450_b.jpg
Clear Bra Paint Protection Film Atlanta by Detailed Designs Auto Spa, on Flickr

17180383590_969ea3008f_b.jpg
Clear Bra Paint Protection Film Atlanta by Detailed Designs Auto Spa, on Flickr​

How much exactly did that extensive protection service cost? What was the final bill?

A full body clear bra wrap is about $4,000 for a pre-cut wrap(no tear down). The rest is based upon the car's condition and owner's needs. The clear bra price is an absolute price that I am happy to provide. But with the variables for the other services, the final bill does not reflect what anyone else would necessarily pay. These are not cookie-cutter solutions or commodities that are the same for every area or every client. For instance, if you're in California, you may pay $6,000-10,000 for a full body clear bra wrap of the same caliber.

Historically, our Tesla clients spend between $1325 and $7500 on their service. Being custom longterm protection and enhancement solutions means everyone comes away with the best fit for their needs and budget.

Thanks, that is very helpful. So often folks show great photos of wrapped Model S's here but never mention the price.

It's not healthy to discuss the pricing of some aspects of some projects because of the nuances that can affect the price. It leaves room for hurt feelings or misunderstandings when the price is not what someone expects(higher or lower) even though everything is on the up and up. Some aspects we are happy to throw out a cost on because by themselves, are what they are.

Maybe this is why some do not discuss pricing?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. Is a full-body wrap to change car color the same process and cost range at your shop? If you have time, please explain any differences. If one had a white-from-the-factory 70D, what white parts would still show after the wrap is done?

A tear down vinyl wrap would be more expensive as there is labor involved in ensuring no exposed surfaces would be white with exception to *maybe* some completely inconspicuous areas that were impossible to wrap properly. We would not offer a vinyl wrap that is cheaper and leaves notably exposed color because that is not what I would be happy with on my own car. I would remove all emblems which would be replaced with new emblems on top of the film as well. Of course, a vinyl color wrap is a cosmetic enhancement and PPF is a performance/protection product. While they are both film, they are pretty different from one another.

There are shops that are okay with not doing an extensive tear down that would have more exposed paint color and would provide a cheaper installation if an owner were trying to be more budget conscious.

You have many options when it comes to the caliber and cost of a vinyl wrap.

How can adding a coating on top of the wrap improve the luster of the paint?

The coating brings properties to the surfaces would not otherwise be present. In context, adding a glass coating like Modesta brings a 3-5 micron layer of si02 to the surface. Have you ever seen a picture with a glass finish over it? It enhances the image by making it appear more vibrant. Modesta does the same. A car with a full body clear bra wrap looks good. But there's a marked improvement with a full body clear bra wrap that has Modesta over it.

Imho, adding a coating over clear bra is done primarily for the enhancement as clear bra is the best protection paint can receive. But on anything less than a full body clear bra wrap, a coating's protection value increases by a fair clip(beyond the color enhancement).

Questions for you....

If the P85D had a carbon fibre factory rear spoiler, how do you deal with that regarding the wrap, is it removed then reinstalled?

Also, the P85D insignia letters on the rear of the hatch... did you have to remove them and then somehow re-attach them to the full body wrap?

Last Q: How many total days of work is this... in other words, how long is the car in your shop for the full wrap?

Nice Job,
Thanks in Advance

Does this full body bra mean i will not have to detail or wax the car ever? I know nothin gis lifetime, but if this can last 10 years without any detailing or waxing besides the occasional washing, i am all in.

Thanks!

The film protection is far superior to any wax or sealant in terms of protection. You should still keep it clean and conditioned with the right products. The maintenance on clear bra is easier than on paint. Does this answer your question?

- - - Updated - - -

Questions for you....

If the P85D had a carbon fibre factory rear spoiler, how do you deal with that regarding the wrap, is it removed then reinstalled?

Also, the P85D insignia letters on the rear of the hatch... did you have to remove them and then somehow re-attach them to the full body wrap?

Last Q: How many total days of work is this... in other words, how long is the car in your shop for the full wrap?

Nice Job,
Thanks in Advance

With a satin finish carbon fiber spoiler, I would install satin finish clear bra over the spoiler so it looked the same as before.

I prefer removing the emblems, installing the film without the cutouts for the emblems and then installing new emblems to replace the ones taken off. We can also make necessary adjustments so that our plotter cuts out the shape for the emblems so they do not have to be removed.

A full wrap takes about 3 days to complete. Paint correction is different for every car/owner but can take many days if the paint is really hammered.

Thanks for the compliment!