Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Plaid 2021 $41K off on Tesla Used Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep an eye on Tesla Used Inventory to see how the Model S Plaid prices are looking and I just saw a 2021 Model S Plaid 21" FSD for $116,400. Same one brand new is $157K. This used one does show that it was previously repaired. As I was writing this I also saw another one listed for $116K with 19" wheels and low miles. I feel lucky Tesla offered me $128,300 just two weeks ago. I wonder why the prices are dropping so fast.

I keep an eye on Tesla Used Inventory to see how the Model S Plaid prices are looking and I just saw a 2021 Model S Plaid 21" FSD for $116,400. Same one brand new is $157K. This used one does show that it was previously repaired. As I was writing this I also saw another one listed for $116K with 19" wheels and low miles. I feel lucky Tesla offered me $128,300 just two weeks ago. I wonder why the prices are dropping so fast.
With that big of a drop, it was probably in a major accident.

Tesla prices their cars considering condition, mileage and demand. Previous new sale prices or new equilivent pricing is relevant, but not causative.

People scour their offerings and good deals get snapped up quickly.

I've been scouring the used inventory as well for a MS Plaid - what's concerning to me (and probably others) is that there are no pictures on the site nor any description of damages, etc. Their policy states that "up to 4 inch scratches" are considered normal - as someone who takes really good care of his cars, this is a bit alarming when spending 120K+ on a car. Have others had good experiences upon delivery? Understand I'd be able to inspect before delivery, but if I'm paying deposit and transport fees (in most cases I would) they are non-refundable.

I've been scouring the used inventory as well for a MS Plaid - what's concerning to me (and probably others) is that there are no pictures on the site nor any description of damages, etc. Their policy states that "up to 4 inch scratches" are considered normal - as someone who takes really good care of his cars, this is a bit alarming when spending 120K+ on a car. Have others had good experiences upon delivery? Understand I'd be able to inspect before delivery, but if I'm paying deposit and transport fees (in most cases I would) they are non-refundable.
Will find out tomorrow. I pick up my used plaid. I have $1500 into the car before I can even see it so I'm hoping it checks out. It is a bit odd to not be able to get your money back if you don't like the car. For anything over 100k, I want the car perfect. Not curbed rash wheels and scratches.

Last edited:
Will find out tomorrow. I pick up my used plaid. I have $1500 into the car before I can even see it so I'm hoping it checks out. It is a bit odd to not be able to get your money back if you don't like the car. For anything over 100k, I want the car perfect. Not curbed rash wheels and scratches.
Awesome, please keep us posted. Completely agree, at this price range (or anything this close to new honestly) I expect it to be in "retail" condition as with any other dealer!

I picked my 2021 Plaid up last week with 10k miles (21s, FSD, blue with cream interior). Paid 121k. Was in excellent condition. Not sure there was even a chip. Does have the dreaded 35-50 vibration tho. Another weird thing was windows weren’t tinted

Great to hear! There are some really good deals out there, especially considering they all seem to come with FSD pretty much "free" as well. Was your car local as well or did you pay to have it shipped? How bad is the vibration?

Awesome, please keep us posted. Completely agree, at this price range (or anything this close to new honestly) I expect it to be in "retail" condition as with any other dealer!

Great to hear! There are some really good deals out there, especially considering they all seem to come with FSD pretty much "free" as well. Was your car local as well or did you pay to have it shipped? How bad is the vibration?

The vibration is about the same in all cars. Some don't notice/care, - others notice/care a lot, like me.

I picked my 2021 Plaid up last week with 10k miles (21s, FSD, blue with cream interior). Paid 121k. Was in excellent condition. Not sure there was even a chip. Does have the dreaded 35-50 vibration tho. Another weird thing was windows weren’t tinted

Windows aren't factory tinted beyond the standard, so... is that weird? Most people don't tint their cars. :D

Congrats on the price, though. That's a great deal.

It was shipped ($1000). The vibration is subtle , but annoying once you feel it.

I ordered mine last week ,21 msp 5k miles for 115, sticker new would be 155 with options. I am picking it up thursday. They said all cars get looked over (but their acceptable list of stuff is kida bs) LIke a 6" mark on a wheel...great!. and you can walk away from the deal if you don' like the car but your out the deposit and any transfer fee's spent getting the car to you.

Supply has met demand and you can get an MSP today with little to no wait. Prices have also gone up since 2021. Configured the same spec today and MSRP vs. MSRP has gone up about $20k. On September 15, expect $3k more with the increase in FSD.

You also didn't mention miles. So depreciation, supply + demand, and price increases is going to make it look like it has dropped a lot in price.

I just got mine brand new with all the inherent quality issues. Wouldnt care for any issues done by someone else so... and not really caring about the depreciation because its not like its a classic car lol. You just have to understand you're gonna take a hit regardless... Besides, this car is my daily dog hauler and Im gonna pile on the miles... 1k horsepower hatch back with dog mode vs whats out there or the lack of makes it an easy choice.