Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Plaid 21" Rear Inner Tire Defect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn’t aware of the problem until my RR tire lost pressure after about 8000 miles. The inside tread was shot with many of the steel wires visible and some broken. My LR tire was good enough to be a spare. I now know to inspect the tires for the part I can’t easily see—and get an alignment.
I have similar issue on my 2021 LR with 18k miles. I posted on this group with a photo.

Since the tires are staggered, you only get half the rated treadwear warranty for most companies, if not all. So if the treadwear is 30k for the PS4s, you get 15k warranty in a staggered config. You basically got what they expected.

That is why I went with a square setup to run with my track pack brakes. I'll run the same tires on all 4 corners and get the full treadwear warranty. Given the price of tires, the wheels could quickly pay for themselves. :cool: Though less likely to be an issue since I fixed the camber, I still greatly enjoy the acceleration.
I know you installed four 20" rims to get rid of the stagger. Do you know what the offset was on the rims?