Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Plaid may be required to use a parachute and roll bar when racing in drag strips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I do . All I'm saying is you can take an ICE car and drop a high horse power fuel injected new motor that will be computer controlled emission legal and drive it on the street and or track. You can't modify an older Tesla as easily. I wish you could. If I purchased a used Tesla and the battery was no good I would want to upgrade the battery pack, motors and cooling system with a larger radiator and larger radiator opening Will tesla sell me the hardware and software I would need.to do it I'm surprised no one has come up with their own software to run a Tesla.

Last edited:
ICE you can often add a lot of power to without swapping the engine by increasing airflow in and out them matching with fuel.

We know there is untapped potential in some of the Tesla components.
Didn't someone put a 90Ludicrous pack in a P85 and redo the software and has an almost 600hp car with 90kw regen. Same rear motor Tesla has in cars rated at 416hp.

Point being right now you aren't looking for the choke points in the system.
I am sure we could see performance enhancement with software in a lot of Teslas, not just allowing the motor to pull more amperage but potentially even just activating the pack heatering at will on non-ludicous cars. Then I would think the main fuse will be the choke point and then the pack.

If there isn't a solid market for putting 100d packs into P85s and we already know that would be comparatively easy why would the OEM go so much further down the rabbit hole of swapping out the entire powertrain and pack?