Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S production up to 600 cars weekly!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be covered in February during Q4 earnings call. Tesla said they'd release 2014 forecast at Q4 Earnings Call. Given how much time was spent covering battery supply issues at Q3 Earnings call, Tesla will either proactively cover Panasonic's supply problems and/or the analysts will ask countless questions regarding it.

Thats 2 months away. Let me put it another way. If Tesla car production is limited to being nearly flat in Q1'14 & Q2'14 vs Q4'13 that's really bad IMO. I think this is basically what Elon is saying... There will be less that 10% qtr over qtr production growth until second half of 2014 ( this is how I interpret what he's telling us)

Thats 2 months away. Let me put it another way. If Tesla car production is limited to being nearly flat in Q1'14 & Q2'14 vs Q4'13 that's really bad IMO. I think this is basically what Elon is saying... There will be less that 10% qtr over qtr production growth until second half of 2014 ( this is how I interpret what he's telling us)

Bad is one way of looking at it, the other way is that it gives Tesla that much more time to improve efficiencies, build more SuperChargers and Service Centers, and prepare for opening the flood gates in the second half of the year. It gives Tesla time to move forward with Model X. In the end, it makes no difference if Tesla grows sales only 10% in the first half and then 100% in the second half (or whatever percentage combination). Indeed, can we say 'buying opportunity' when certain members of the market start spouting about demand falling off and otherwise overreacting to the numbers coming out in the first half of the year?