Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S rental in Toronto?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Hood River, OR. I will be making a trip to Toronto to visit family. I have told them about my Model S but it is still pretty abstract to them. I would love to be able to rent a Model S while in Toronto for a few days and show them how it works as part of one's day-tp-day life - something you can't really get from a test drive or a visit to the showroom. Plus I'm spoiled now and the thought of driving an ICE vehicle around Toronto just irritates me.

Any suggestions?

Failing that, I'd probably just try to rent some electric car like a Leaf - if any of the car rental places at the airport even rent EVs.

Thanks

Do you know what the dates are of your trip yet? I might be able to rent you mine. I'll even pick you up at the airport. :)

I live in Hood River, OR. I will be making a trip to Toronto to visit family. I have told them about my Model S but it is still pretty abstract to them. I would love to be able to rent a Model S while in Toronto for a few days and show them how it works as part of one's day-tp-day life - something you can't really get from a test drive or a visit to the showroom. Plus I'm spoiled now and the thought of driving an ICE vehicle around Toronto just irritates me.

Any suggestions?

Failing that, I'd probably just try to rent some electric car like a Leaf - if any of the car rental places at the airport even rent EVs.

Thanks

Last edited:
about the car rental

Do you know what the dates are of your trip yet? I might be able to rent you mine. I'll even pick you up at the airport. :)

Would you be will to rent the car for the 16th-17 of May im getting Married and wouldn't prefer any other car but the TESLA ? if yes. how much would you be looking to get for it?

Thank you for your time.

I am researching a summer trip and wondered about the availability of Tesla Model S for a 2000+ mile road trip through the US.

Anyone found out rental options in GTA that they've tried?
One option is to drive out of Toronto into southern USA and back over 14 days.

I've also considered buying a used Model S and keeping for the summer months and flipping, but the GST on $70K kills that idea compared to renting for two weeks.

Another option is flying into Vegas with the family and rent there and do the trip through California I've been thinking of.
Rentals at $400 per day are a bit much, but I might be able to knock down Hertz with my corporate rate.

Affinity car rental has one Model S for rent.

I rented the S85 from Affinity for a day so that I could confirm the fit in my garage and mostly to use it for a day of normal driving. As the cost of the car is over $100k, my insurance (Certas Direct) would not cover the rental so I opted for Affinity's full coverage which btw has a $2,500 deductible. As a testament to their great customer service, when picking up the car it was washed and ready to go and they took the time to walk through everything with me. Upon returning I noticed that the seal on the drivers side of the Pano roof had cracked and was missing a small piece and let Affinity know. They were grateful for me telling them and of course there was no concern for me being charged. I would strongly recommend Affinity to anyone wanting a day or two with the amazing Model S.

Curious why they are so expensive to rent. It seems to me like they're just being opportunist and exploiting a demand. I was thinking of renting one in San Diego a couple of weeks ago, but I would have had to go through the rental company's "Exotic" division and pay through the nose.

Curious why they are so expensive to rent. It seems to me like they're just being opportunist and exploiting a demand. I was thinking of renting one in San Diego a couple of weeks ago, but I would have had to go through the rental company's "Exotic" division and pay through the nose.
Years ago I worked in the rental business. It's all based on anticipated utilization. I don't think for the foreseeable future they will be rented as often as an ice car. Not many people know they're available to rent and you'd really have to want to try one. The average local person doesn't have a way to charge and if you are from out of town and driving over 350-400 kms then you would have to be educated about charging and where to go. A dedicated electric rental company would be the way to go but 1-2 in a large fleet wouldn't 't be publicized correctly etc.

Hello, visiting Toronto with my girl friend this upcoming weekend. Does anyone know where we can rent a Model S for the weekend? Or maybe there is a member who is willing to rent there own car? Thanks in advance!