Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S self burn again in Hong Kong today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Emergency news for every tesla model s owner after the shanghai incident last month, today in Hong Kong it happen again. Tesla 2016 model S burn itself while is charging, fortunately the driver wasnt in the car.
Screenshot_20190513_181540_com.nextmedia.jpg
Screenshot_20190513_181543_com.nextmedia.jpg
Screenshot_20190513_181547_com.nextmedia.jpg

Isn't the charger hanging up in the back corner ? And what are those blocks lifting the car up ? I wouldn't think they are firefighting apparatus being all black. Even if firefighters used a "jaws of life" kind of hydraulic to lift the car, I would expect high visibility blocks to hold it, probably metal. Someone might have been trying to change a tire and cracked the battery by not raising car properly.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Isn't the charger hanging up in the back corner ? And what are those blocks lifting the car up ? I wouldn't think they are firefighting apparatus being all black. Even if firefighters used a "jaws of life" kind of hydraulic to lift the car, I would expect high visibility blocks to hold it, probably metal. Someone might have been trying to change a tire and cracked the battery by not raising car properly.

Its nothing to do with those black block, I think the firefighter put those in. The owner mention last year he think the battery have some issue, his car can't start and he did report to Tesla service. Tesla did service his car and they did fix the issue. But from the CCTV footage show that first some smoke coming out of the front of the Tesla and then 3 times explosion.

The Chinese words said the Tesla parking spot has wall connector installed but at the time of the fire, the car was not charging. I believe those blocks were from the fire fighters. They need to put out the fire from under. I think in the 2nd pic, you can see the device to lift up the car on the right side of the picture (the metal long thing). It goes under the car to lift it up and they put those black blocks on the other side.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Cuz Teslas aren’t supposed to catch fire! When they do, of course it’ll get reported big time, duh.

BMW's aren't supposed to catch fire either. But when they do they go up quickly in a ball of flames/explosion. Unlike Tesla's which start out with a slow smolder that builds gradually to an all-out fire, giving time for the occupants to exit the vehicle.

BMW's aren't supposed to catch fire either. But when they do they go up quickly in a ball of flames/explosion. Unlike Tesla's which start out with a slow smolder that builds gradually to an all-out fire, giving time for the occupants to exit the vehicle.
But Elon said a BMW, which is an internal combustion engine driven car, is ten times more likely to catch fire. Don’t you believe in Elon?