Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Signature Performance dancing in the snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice. I tried this for about 30 seconds last winter and a cop drive by and gave me a ticket for reckless driving!

My husband came home from work one winter night in the wee hours (2amish), as he was coming over the hill of the last little town before home, he saw two police cars doing donuts at the only intersection in town. He stopped at the *green* light and waited for them to finish so he could drive through the intersection without getting hit.

So you're police office, dave, had a pickle up his butt and likely has done what you were doing only called it 'honing his driving skills for the job'.

My husband came home from work one winter night in the wee hours (2amish), as he was coming over the hill of the last little town before home, he saw two police cars doing donuts at the only intersection in town. He stopped at the *green* light and waited for them to finish so he could drive through the intersection without getting hit.

So you're police office, dave, had a pickle up his butt and likely has done what you were doing only called it 'honing his driving skills for the job'.

Hah, i was thinking about taking it to court and using that defense, saying that I was always in control and not endangering anyone. I didn't have time to mess with it though, and didn't have enough experience with court system to try and fight it.

Bravo! The Sugar Plum Fairies are applauding from the trees!

You and Seb Vettel are on the same page! I presume this was just with TC off, or did you pull fuses?

Just TC off, no fuses. The stability control (which can only be overridden by pulling the fuse) really interferes with donuts on a dry surface, but it is very less obtrusive when car just wants to slide in the snow.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like more fun, but less efficient, than a snow-plow. Oh, I was assuming you were trying to clear the lot!
That is not a bad assumption. I tried the same thing in one of my other cars a couple of winters ago and it was not very effective as a snow plow either (same parking lot, different car, different perspective).
:wink::redface:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome video. Was this from a camera on the building?
We do have surveillance cameras, but no. I set up a basic Sony SD camera on a tripod, on top of an overturned garbage can, and placed it just inside the building's overhead door into the warehouse. This kept the lens from getting wet and just enough view of the parking lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you get younger since last we met? :)
Excellent job!
Physically older, mentally younger. :redface: