Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Standard Suspension Lowering Springs by H&R

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice drop! So this is the look I was going for except the Rep at where I purchased the H&R springs insisted that these springs would also be compatible with a rear-wheel-drive Model S. Turns out, he was dead wrong (FAIL - See image below), these springs are great but ONLY compatible with the AWD Model S. Now I have to remove these and figure out how to get a spring that works with a non AWD version. Any suggestions...? View attachment 561722

Yeah, I'd imagine the AWD kit is built to cover the extra front end weight from the front motor assembly....without that weight, it sits super high like you experienced!

Very nice drop! So this is the look I was going for except the Rep at where I purchased the H&R springs insisted that these springs would also be compatible with a rear-wheel-drive Model S. Turns out, he was dead wrong (FAIL - See image below), these springs are great but ONLY compatible with the AWD Model S. Now I have to remove these and figure out how to get a spring that works with a non AWD version. Any suggestions...? View attachment 561722

you should be able to get an off the shelf spring that will work for what you need. maybe reach out to swift with some measurements and photos? Swift Springs USA |

Did to figure this out?

Has anyone found a place to buy any springs?
I'm in same boat, tried pretty much everywhere in uk and no one seems to have one for RWD
They are no longer made. Unless you find a used set, you'll have to do custom coilovers.

Reactions: X90SAJ
They are no longer made. Unless you find a used set, you'll have to do custom coilovers.
Thank you, that's very helpful. I might have to delay a little then as it doesn't seem cheap.
👍