TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model S Tops Consumer Reports Customer Satisfaction Survey by Scoring 99 Out of

Discussion in 'News' started by scottf200, Nov 21, 2013.

1. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Tesla Model S Tops Consumer Reports Customer Satisfaction Survey by Scoring 99 Out of 100 Points (w/video)

http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-s-tops-consumer-reports-customer-satisfaction-survey-by-scoring-99-out-of-100-points/

I suspect the Tesla Model S will have a good review for years as well (ie. Volt reference) and I'll be happy to contribute in the future Model X survey.

CR release:
    <snip>

99 out of 100 is remarkable. Jake Fisher, Consumer Reports’ director of automotive testing, stated:
    “In testing, the Model S stands out for its innovative design, outstanding performance, and surprising practicality. These results suggest Tesla owners are very, very satisfied.”
    Of note: The Tesla Model S knocked the Chevy Volt (holder of the #1 spot for 2 years running) out of the top spot in theConsumer Reports’ customer satisfaction survey. The top three spots now look like this:

• Tesla Model S: 99 points
    • Porsche Boxster: 95 points
    • Porsche 911 and Chevy Volt: Tied at 91 points

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

3. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Thanks. I had looked in the news forum before I posted but did not see anything. Nor on the first page of active threads.

4. Argelius

Argelius Member

Count me amongst the 99!

5. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

Count me in too.

At the Tesla Motors site someone did a survey in the locked owner's threads. They asked owners, if their car was destroyed today, would they buy another Model S to replace it or something else. When there was over 100 replies the thread was unlocked and made public. The response was that 99% would get another Model S. The one individual that did say he would get a different car said that he would get something different just for the sake of change.

6. JohnTorqueNews

JohnTorqueNews New Member

That is awesome

7. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Geez...tell me a list or award that the Tesla Model S doesn't win! ... well I guess it doesn't win the gas guzzler of the year award... anything else? lol

8. derekt75

derekt75 Member

It's not winning reliability awards.

Most of the complaints CR saw were related to squeaks, rattles, body hardware, and climate control, which are a lot less serious than the car not running.

Frankly, I think it's somewhat remarkable that a new car manufacturer can achieve an overall reliability score of "average". Still, Tesla's reliability is apparently less than Lexus.

9. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

Most of the problems CR saw were related to noise. Noise not being drowned out by the white noise of an ICE.

People not used to the noises an EV makes. Like the sound an EV makes when billions of electrons are moving through wire when you floor the accelerator.

Tesla does not qualify for reliability awards yet. As they survey cars 1-3 years. The roadster had too few sales to harvest meaningful data.

CR predicted "average reliability" as a default because they don't have enough data to make a more accurate prediction only preliminary data.

10. Ven Rala

Ven Rala Member

I might be the only person who drove the most loved (model S) and most hated (Nissan Versa, my wife had a crappy loaner for her hybrid) on the same day.

11. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Count me in 3 years running! Volt and Model S.