Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S US to EU conversion, weird error, please help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

The US to EU conversion was completed on my model S, including the charging port. Charging works for EU superchargers including the CCS2 via adapter, and Tesla wall connector (i.e AC), the only thing that doesn't work is charging via a brand new Tesla mobile connector (220V). It sits there green is flashing it looks like it would start@ 13A, but after 2 min or so, it says check the power is dirty and it resets itself and starts all over. We charged at this outlet before fine (via the Tesla mobile US before conversion) and also tried a couple others in the city with the same failure.
Is there something that could have gone wrong during the conversion, or what? I tend to believe that the new Tesla mobile connector is not broken being new, but I guess that also a possibility?
Thanks so much in advance!

Hey guys,

The US to EU conversion was completed on my model S, including the charging port. Charging works for EU superchargers including the CCS2 via adapter, and Tesla wall connector (i.e AC), the only thing that doesn't work is charging via a brand new Tesla mobile connector (220V). It sits there green is flashing it looks like it would start@ 13A, but after 2 min or so, it says check the power is dirty and it resets itself and starts all over. We charged at this outlet before fine (via the Tesla mobile US before conversion) and also tried a couple others in the city with the same failure.
Is there something that could have gone wrong during the conversion, or what? I tend to believe that the new Tesla mobile connector is not broken being new, but I guess that also a possibility?
Thanks so much in advance!
Hello.

Cant help You but i am intressted in eu conversion. I have a us 2013 Model s i wan to convert to eu 3phase charging.

I have gen2 chargers junctionbox and chargeport from eu car.

Just change parts its not a problem but i guess i need to Do some software uppdate?

Hello.

Cant help You but i am intressted in eu conversion. I have a us 2013 Model s i wan to convert to eu 3phase charging.

I have gen2 chargers junctionbox and chargeport from eu car.

Just change parts its not a problem but i guess i need to Do some software uppdate?
I pm-ed you as well. I converted my model S US to EU standards. That included the charge port (and retrofit for junction box under back seat etc), LTE modem, EU software image, GPS maps, tail lights, and fog lights. There were many headaches, and honestly not sure I would do it myself, mainly did it because of free SC. The thing to remember is that Tesla will not help you with anything related to charging or modifications you made.