Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S VIN 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lovely pictures. Comments: it looks like the turbine wheels aren't going to be mirrored, like some folks requested. I thought the CF on the nose of the car would include the area around the emblem. Doesn't look like that is the case. From the side view, the gap between the tailgate and panel looks a little big. It's hard to tell without seeing it live though. Otherwise, it looks amazing.

Lovely pictures. Comments: it looks like the turbine wheels aren't going to be mirrored, like some folks requested. I thought the CF on the nose of the car would include the area around the emblem. Doesn't look like that is the case. From the side view, the gap between the tailgate and panel looks a little big. It's hard to tell without seeing it live though. Otherwise, it looks amazing.

The gaps are def noticeable, but I actually didn't spot any CF on the nose come. Which pic?

The gaps are def noticeable, but I actually didn't spot any CF on the nose come. Which pic?

He didn't say nose "cone", just "nose" (I know... I would have said front end or something like that). I think he was referring to the carbon fiber under the chin (you know - the driveway scooper-upper) and was thinking there would be CF around the nose - as I would describe it - close to the Tesla emblem.

He didn't say nose "cone", just "nose" (I know... I would have said front end or something like that). I think he was referring to the carbon fiber under the chin (you know - the driveway scooper-upper) and was thinking there would be CF around the nose - as I would describe it - close to the Tesla emblem.

makes sense. I also thought there was supposed to be CF around the emblem like on the Model X.

Would be nice. I'm still not totally sold on the gloss front nose piece... For those where bugs are inevitable (hot muggy central IL for example - evening driving is fraught with them), it would seem very tough to keep clean. Guess I should get on board, huh? It is what it is at this point. Can someone say 'aftermarket'? :D

Looks like Jurvetson is going to play it by the ear with the CHP :)

Fantastic job, Russ! You should get proper press accreditation (from TMC/doug) for all future events ;)

Thanks, gg. Yes, I should get a press badge for these events for better access and longer video interviews. Yesterday, George B. smiled, gave me a hearty handshake, and exclaimed: "Tesla Motors Club!" (I think he's seen the Youtube's I posted from the 4 Sig Colors event at Santana Row.) I did ask him for a pass to cover the June 22nd "first 10 non-insider cars" delivery at the factory, but he said that is going to be an internal company event + the 10 lucky customers, presumably. I guess one could always camp out outside the factory gates on Fremont Blvd. at the appropriate time and video the 10 new S Sigs driving away? LOL!

I'll look into what is involved to obtain an official "press" pass under auspices of TMC and contact Doug. Since I live right here in Fremont, it is pretty easy for me to cover all the important Tesla events for TMC.

With all this stalking, curious why no one has been able to spot Elon's car?

From the share holder meeting video at the TM-website:

ElonGettingVin2.jpg