Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S vs. Prius crash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That Prius won't ever be back on the road. The greater mass of the Tesla probably severely damaged the Prius frame and engine. That Prius is at least 5 years old and likely has a value less than $12K (I used to own that model). It's totaled.

The Tesla is certainly repairable.

The "No fissionable reaction" part of the article headline, while meant to be a joke, isn't clever enough to be amusing in my opinion and of course references a form of energy that has no relationship to the event in question. How about this for a headline that at least geeks could appreciate:

In Tesla vs. Prius Matchup, Only Kinetic Energy is Exchanged

• Funny
Reactions: Parebalo
This is why Toyota is the Green Company:

"..onlookers couldn’t help but notice the irony – with two leaders of electric car technology meeting..."

Toyota is close to dead last in EV technology, and is barely average in hybrid technology, They only recently found out that Lithium batteries can be useful in cars. They have small electric motors, and most cars sold are 200v NiMH not their 200v Lithium version.

They have a solid edge in gasoline MPG, but a great deal of that due to the fact that a small light car with large under-stressed low-rpm engine will always get good mileage. Truth is, Honda had them beat solidly in hybrid technology. Toyota's 2017 tech is inferior to Honda's 2000 tech.

It was likely caused by a rare Prius driver that actually hit the gas pedal to go.

The Tesla owner wasn't anticipating it and crashed into him.
That was the one nice thing about the Toyota unintended acceleration problem, it meant that the Toyotas were actually going faster as a result. Besides, their slogan was Moving Forward.

• Funny
Reactions: DDotJ and S4WRXTTCS
That Prius won't ever be back on the road. The greater mass of the Tesla probably severely damaged the Prius frame and engine. That Prius is at least 5 years old and likely has a value less than $12K (I used to own that model). It's totaled.

That model hasn't been produced since March of 2009. I have a 2009 (last year of the gen 2) made in March of 2008, so the newest it could be is 8 years old all the way back to 14 years old.

That model hasn't been produced since March of 2009. I have a 2009 (last year of the gen 2) made in March of 2008, so the newest it could be is 8 years old all the way back to 14 years old.
Thanks. So the value of that crushed Prius is even less than I thought. It definitely will not be back on the road before the Tesla because it will never be bank on the road.