Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Winter Wheel Setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

For all of those living in snow-covered winters, i wanted to share my winter wheel setup for my 2014 P85D. I live in Quebec, Canada, where our winters are long drawn-out affairs consisting of freezing rain, heavy snow, slush and black ice. Essentially, a total nightmare for driving and a tough environment on your car.

During summertime, we are on the OEM 21" wheels and we love the look and feel of those wheels. Wanting to preserve their condition, we had considered Tesla's winter wheel package, but opted against it 1) Preference for a large wheel diameter 2) Desire to have a different wheel than OEM. We landed on the following

Wheels: V702 Matte Gunmetal - 20x9 ET35 - PCD 5x120 - Center Bore 64.1 mm $1,750CAD
Tires: Continental Wintercontact TS830 245/40R20 XL - 99V $1,832CAD
Total cost: $3,582CAD

This is very close to Tesla's $3,400CAD Winter Wheel Package, but differs in wheel diameter and different tire brand. We were ok with this price difference.

We purchased the set through Procarmods, a Quebec-based boutique aftermarket shop. If you're in the Quebec/Ontario region looking for wheels, whether winter or summer for MS, MX, M3, i would recommend reaching out to them: [email protected], they were knowledgeable, professional and very helpful.

Overall, im really happy with how this turned out. It rides nicely, feels controlled and looks really good (in my opinion). We could have opted for slightly less expensive tires but i've ridden Conti Wintercontacts before and have always felt they performed very well.

Attachments

• IMG_E5921.JPG
    IMG_E5921.JPG
    650 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_E5923.JPG
    IMG_E5923.JPG
    825.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_E5924.JPG
    IMG_E5924.JPG
    585.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_E5925.JPG
    IMG_E5925.JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_E5926.JPG
    IMG_E5926.JPG
    657.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_E5928.JPG
    IMG_E5928.JPG
    634.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5929.jpg
    IMG_5929.jpg
    692.8 KB · Views: 112
I need some direction as well, on tire rack there were so many wheels options that would fit my MS [ stock 19" wheels / tires ] that I got frustrated and gave up.
I know I will put in hakkas or X-Ice for the tires, any suggestions how to chose wheels ?

Knowing your roads, for your next set, you should get a 19" wheel and consider the Michelin X-Ice low rolling resistance for EVs tires.

More tire will keep you safer.
Agree on the 19" to get narrower tyres, always better on snow and wet.
But the Continental 830 or now 850 are among the very best winter tyres you may have an definitely better than the Michelin.

I use the base model tesla 10-spoke (split-5?) 19" with standard size 245 Blizzak tires on them. Extremely good grip in snow and ice, even with RWD my Tesla is the best car I've ever owned in snow, it "bogs" less than our 4WD Acadia when there is slip detected.