Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S wiring diagram (for alarm and range extender)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an interesting project to say the least :)... I'm not an electrical engineer but an auto mechanic. If your installing this permanently in your car.. maybe if the ICE isn't that big you could modify and install it in the rear small compartment in the trunk.. or something in the frunk?.. Better than having it on the roof of the car.. kills the aerodynamic and CG.

Larry

Love your E-Fan. I make effects fans for the entertainment industry, called E-Fans:smile:. Is there more info on Kw output, voltage, weight, thrust,etc available? A good place to mount your power pod would behind the car in the shadow of the airflow. Could be hitch mounted. Exhaust and cooling would be easier to deal with as well.

This is an interesting project to say the least :)... I'm not an electrical engineer but an auto mechanic. If your installing this permanently in your car.. maybe if the ICE isn't that big you could modify and install it in the rear small compartment in the trunk.. or something in the frunk?.. Better than having it on the roof of the car.. kills the aerodynamic and CG.

Larry

Difficult to enter the trunk compartment, need to have air for admission, gas ouput, etc...
And and I don't want to have a dead weight 99% of the time in the car :D
The roof is not a really good idea, I know :/
But in France it will be illegal to tow because the car is not approved for that. Thus my last idea, made a specific hitch to have to fixation point (one fixation on each side left/right) instead of one, and fix the Rex on it, like a bike rack. If nothing touch the ground we can't say I tow something it will be legal !! And the aerodynamic will be better !

- - - Updated - - -

Love your E-Fan. I make effects fans for the entertainment industry, called E-Fans:smile:. Is there more info on Kw output, voltage, weight, thrust,etc available? A good place to mount your power pod would behind the car in the shadow of the airflow. Could be hitch mounted. Exhaust and cooling would be easier to deal with as well.

2 battery pack of 60 kokam cell 70Ah each (222V nominal). Two 20kW nominal motors 30kW peak, weight between 400 and 500Kg I believe, but prototype is heavier because it embeds a lot of instruments. Static thrust approx 160Kg @ full power (2x30kW on motors).

Will be a bad idea to do a Rex with that because the efficiency is very bad at low speed !!