Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (Model S & X) no longer eligible for Ontario rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confused why people are saying that the previous program is still good until Sept. That's only valid on cars that were ordered before today.

Note that incentives will be provided under the previous EVIP program for EVs ordered prior to March 9, 2018, provided that the EV is delivered and that the application is submitted by September 7, 2018.

Shoot - you're right, @CadillacJack, I misread it. Bad luck S and X buyers who hadn't committed yet..

For model 3 , the have to list SR and LR as different model as the better size not the same. I am not sure if AWD could list as option

LR would still be well under $75k.

How about LR + AWD?

I’d assume AWD counts as an option, but we’ll see.

Point 16 reads:

How do new vehicle models become eligible for incentives?
For each model, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) must fill out the Vehicle Eligibility Submission Form for each model year and each trim level.

I assume AWD would be considered a trim level rather than an option? If so, I bet Tesla will do everything they can to keep the base price of a LR AWD 3 under $75kCan MSRP. Is that doable?

Good find. Agreed, looks like all Model 3 variants are safe.

Not the P version.

As an aside, I said in a post on Feb 26:

Vehicles with an MSRP over $150,000 are not eligible for an incentive.
I bet that's cut in half -- or more -- by the time the Model 3 reaches Ontario.

(Pats self on back).

Last edited:
Reactions: jkirkwood001
I assume AWD would be considered a trim level rather than an option? If so, I bet Tesla will do everything they can to keep the base price of a LR AWD 3 under $75kCan MSRP. Is that doable?

Talking about Model 3 here, ceiling cut in half or not, really not affect Model 3 rebate in Ontario at all. LR+AWD will not exceed 75K CAD MSRP, unless Tesla try to uplift the US price massively. Premium upgrade will be definitely considered as option..

In worst case, I can choose either AWD or LR, and the rebate is still better than BC which is already announced..

Talking about Model 3 here, ceiling cut in half or not, really not affect Model 3 rebate in Ontario at all.

I know what we're talking about. I want the P version of the Model 3 and in Ontario, just like BC, there's no EV rebate for that Model 3.

I had to correct you when you said a couple of weeks ago that there was no limit to the price of a vehicle to qualify for the Ontario EV rebate. I not only corrected you but also correctly predicted today's news of the MSRP being cut in half.

Now I have to correct you again: There's no way the P version of the Model 3 will come in under $75kCan base price. P will be treated as a "trim level" and it's trim levels that are taken into account. If you think a Model 3 with the P option will come in under $75kCan you're fooling yourself.

I know what we're talking about. I want the P version of the Model 3 and in Ontario, just like BC, there's no EV rebate for that Model 3.

I had to correct you when you said a couple of weeks ago that there was no limit to the price of a vehicle to qualify for the Ontario EV rebate. I not only corrected you but also correctly predicted today's news of the MSRP being cut in half.

Now I have to correct you again: There's no way the P version of the Model 3 will come in under $75kCan base price. P will be treated as a "trim level" and it's trim levels that are taken into account. If you think a Model 3 with the P option will come in under $75kCan you're fooling yourself.

We can bet 14000CA$ with if you wish, P is an option not trim. If you agree, we bet...If you not dare to bet, don't say anything that you are not sure..

We can bet 14000CA$ with if you wish, P is an option not trim. If you agree, we bet...If you not dare to bet, don't say anything that you are not sure..

I'll take that bet. P is a trim level -- there's no doubt about that -- and the MSRP for that trim level will exceed $75kCan and will not qualify for the rebate. There's absolutely no issue about that. The only issue is whether you pay up when you lose the bet and something tells me you're not a man of your word.

I still think the $75k limit applies to the base price. I copied this from the FAQ section of the EVIP site:

What is the MSRP?

For EVIP, the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is the value of the base trim level for each model not including options, taxes, pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and freight. This value is set once per year and the MSRP value is provided by the vehicle manufacturer.

There is a guy from BC try to say P is a trim not an option.. What do you think?

I'll take that bet. P is a trim level -- there's no doubt about that -- and the MSRP for that trim level will exceed $75kCan and will not qualify for the rebate. There's absolutely no issue about that. The only issue is whether you pay up when you lose the bet and something tells me you're not a man of your word.

I don't think any of ontarioian will agree your judgement for us.

For the bet, I can transfer 14000$ to the owner of this forum as the dealer within two weeks if you also agree to bet...

You still did not say if you willing to bet and transfer 14000$ to the owner of the forum and let him act as dealer for our bet,..

Right. The owners of this forum will want to get involved in handling bets. :rolleyes:

What we can do is use a betting/escrow service and make the bet in a jurisdiction that makes it legal. We will have to provide the question, and provide our answers, and funds, to the arbitrator who will issue the funds to the winner (and also take a commission from our advanced funds). I will PM you with the details if you're in. Let's see if you're all bark with no bite, which is my prediction.

Ha! Seeking outside help are you? I thought you were so sure you bet me $14kCan?

Here's your answer:

Of course P is a trim level. Will that be cash or a cheque?

Sorry, for your above Toyota sample, it clearly indicates P is not trim, I even think AWD is not trim but option. Model 3 only has LR and SR behind Model 3, take a look of your BC incentive list, it says Model 3 LR.. What is the characters after Model 3 for LR with Premium package? you call it Model 3 LRP or Model 3 LR+P? Tesla shall award you a free Model 3 as you invented their trim name...

Right. The owners of this forum will want to get involved in handling bets. :rolleyes:

What we can do is use a betting/escrow service and make the bet in a jurisdiction that makes it legal. We will have to provide the question, and provide our answers, and funds, to the arbitrator who will issue the funds to the winner (and also take a commission from our advanced funds). I will PM you with the details if you're in. Let's see if you're all bark with no bite, which is my prediction.

Let's stop arguing here any more let's do this. I still believe hire the owner of this forum as escrow of the betting is best choice. You can award him with 5%-10% betting $ as commission..