Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (Model S & X) no longer eligible for Ontario rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, for your above Toyota sample, it clearly indicates P is not trim, I even think AWD is not trim but option. Model 3 only has LR and SR behind Model 3, take a look of your BC incentive list, it says Model 3 LR.. What is the characters after Model 3 for LR with Premium package? you call it Model 3 LRP or Model 3 LR+P? Tesla shall award you a free Model 3 as you invented their trim name...

The "P" on the back of a Tesla indicates its trim level, just like the "Limited" does on a Toyota. You seem to make fun of trim levels without even knowing that Tesla does add a P to 85, then 90 and now 100. It's the Performance trim level. It comes with a rear spoiler, different rims, red lined seats, and various other trim differences, in addition to the added power.

I still believe hire the owner of this forum as escrow of the betting is best choice. You can award him with 5%-10% betting $ as commission..

It's illegal for him to do it -- not to mention the fact he would never do it. You must be a little nutty to think he would get involved -- or you are using it as an excuse for an out, which we all know is the case since you also know he won't do it. I will PM you a legal, safe and secure way to make this bet. Are you in for the bet or not?

Last edited:
The "P" on the back of a Tesla indicates its trim level, just like the "Limited" does on a Toyota.

Model 3 does not have P on the back never has, and no Limited either, Tesla always present this as an option while reserving.

It's illegal for him to do it -- not to mention the fact he would never do it. You must be a little nutty to think he would get involved -- or you are using it as an excuse for an out, which we all know is the case since you also know he won't do it. I will PM you a legal, safe and secure way to make this bet. Are you in for the bet or not?

Okay, I am in..

Here's the previous program, still good until Sept. 7, 2018 - better buy your S or X before then!

Unfortunately that isn’t the case. The old program ended today and you are only eligible for it if all of the following are true:
- you purchased your car before today
- it is delivered before Sept 7, 2018
- you file all of the necessary incentive program paperwork before Sept 7, 2018

Model 3 does not have P on the back never has, and no Limited either, Tesla always present this as an option while reserving.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You really think Tesla is going to make the Model 3 P and not put a P on the back of it, like it does with the S and X, and give it a different trim level, like with the S and X? Elon Musk tweeted that the P version is coming but has not set a date. It needs dual motors, and Tesla needs cash, so we will likely see it once AWD is out, or shortly thereafter.

I can't believe you asked to bet me $14kCan on this. I have been researching how to do it and it's best to use a law firm. I will pay the law firms fees. You do have $14k to transfer to them now, correct? I don't want to waste my time only to have you back out. This is like taking candy from a baby.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You really think Tesla is going to make the Model 3 P and not put a P on the back of it, like it does with the S and X? Elon Musk tweeted that the P version is coming but has not set a date. It needs dual motors, and Tesla needs cash, so we will likely see it once AWD is out, or shortly thereafter.

I can't believe you asked to bet me $14kCan on this. I have been researching how to do it and it's best to use a law firm. I will pay the law firms fees. You do have $14k to transfer to them now, correct? I don't want to waste my time only to have you back out. This is like taking candy from a baby.

Sorry, Wait, are we talking about same thing? What I mean is current Model 3 and the Model 3 we know soon avaiable could only be four trims LR, SR, LR+AWD, SR+AWD, Premium package and EAP will be an option (those cost not included MSRP). You are talking about Model 3P or P Model 3, which is faster version of Model 3?

Not sure even AWD will be consider as trim level, could be only two trims LR and SR. So currently all those four base MSRP should under 75K unless Tesla try to huge uplift from US price. Giving the Ontario situation, that would not likely to happen. This also benefit BC buyer or province no incentive buyers...

Sorry, Wait, are we talking about same thing?

Nice try. You know exactly what we are talking about. I knew you would back out. You only made the bet to try to shut me up:

If you agree, we bet...If you not dare to bet, don't say anything that you are not sure..

That was why you made the bet -- because I was making you look foolish with all the nonsense you post -- so you tried to silence me but it backfired on you big time.

Next time, please don't make a bet unless you have the courage and character to stand behind it. Otherwise, you just waste people's time with your nonsense.

Reactions: sitter_k
So are any of the people who mocked the tesla sales staff for suggesting this rebate could disappear shortly going to apologize for the skeptical comments?

I'll start. Sorry :)
Nice try. You know exactly what we are talking about. I knew you would back out. You only made the bet to try to shut me up:

That was why you made the bet -- because I was making you look foolish with all the nonsense you post -- so you tried to silence me but it backfired on you big time.

Next time, please don't make a bet unless you have the courage and character to stand behind it. Otherwise, you just waste people's time with your nonsense.

I did not back off. We can still bet based what I mean for the question, I mean that Premium package will not consider as trim. From the beginning, you say Model 3 P which is not exist. Premium package exist.

Awd long range should start at $65,000. Well under the limit.

Model 3 buyers needn't worry I don't think, especially if Christine Elliott was just handed the leadership of the PC party as it seems she was thus evening when a judge ruled against any voting extension. Likely another liberal majority.

Awd long range should start at $65,000. Well under the limit.

Model 3 buyers needn't worry I don't think, especially if Christine Elliott was just handed the leadership of the PC party as it seems she was thus evening when a judge ruled against any voting extension. Likely another liberal majority.

But someone saying premium package could be considered as a trim, and then add EAP would be another trim..then the price could reach 75$ cap.

A lot ppl want a change, but PC is a bit messy right now even some pulls said otherwise..

I'll take that bet. P is a trim level -- there's no doubt about that -- and the MSRP for that trim level will exceed $75kCan and will not qualify for the rebate. There's absolutely no issue about that. The only issue is whether you pay up when you lose the bet and something tells me you're not a man of your word.
I did not back off. We can still bet based what I mean for the question, I mean that Premium package will not consider as trim. From the beginning, you say Model 3 P which is not exist. Premium package exist.
It's a totally different car on the model S. I have a P90D. I don't have a 90D. Says on my registration etc.

Maybe you don't have a P car so you don't know that?

The only way you will be right if there is no P version at all...which is possible. I had thought Elon Musk said they would make ludicrous mode an option. I don't remember him saying there's going to be a P. For $10,000 for example (speculating).

But that's not what you're arguing so it's irrelevant.

Both of you sound a bit silly FYI. especially you, worrying about your rebate one minute, then betting it the next.

• Funny
Reactions: Scott_K and Canuck

You're wasting my time with this made-up excuse. You said:

Talking about Model 3 here, ceiling cut in half or not, really not affect Model 3 rebate in Ontario at all.

I said:

I know what we're talking about. I want the P version of the Model 3 and in Ontario, just like BC, there's no EV rebate for that Model 3

So it doesn't matter what P stands for in your mind or in my mind. The issue is whether:

Talking about Model 3 here, ceiling cut in half or not, really not affect Model 3 rebate in Ontario at all.

I said a Model 3 will be sold for a MSRP that will exceed the $75k ceiling. You said "cut in half or not" it will not affect the Model 3.

I guess you are now saying a version of the 3 will be sold that exceeds the ceiling, which means you must admit you were wrong, but you want me to believe that we made a bet on whether:

Premium package will not consider as trim.

Are you really going to try to change the question to this to try to save face? It has nothing at all to do with the rebate issue which is what we are discussing and betting on. You do know that, right?

From the beginning, you say Model 3 P which is not exist. Premium package exist.

Only one version of the Model 3 exists today. You can't buy SR or AWD. So who cares what exists today? We are talking about whether a version of the Model 3 will not qualify for the rebate, regardless of what you or I call it.

Are we on for the bet or not? Of course not, since you already lost that bet and are now making up more nonsense.

But I do take it you now admit this statement of yours is wrong?:

Both of you sound a bit silly FYI. especially you, worrying about your rebate one minute, then betting it the next.

Yes, and add to that the fact that the Ontario rebate doesn't even apply to me and I'm arguing about it. It just irked me when he tried to say the rebate makes no difference to the Model 3 since we have a $77k limit here and we lose our rebate, which also irks me since I really want the P version but it makes the premium to be paid for it even steeper.

I had thought Elon Musk said they would make ludicrous mode an option. I don't remember him saying there's going to be a P.

About 7 months ago

musk-3.jpg

Now this:

Tesla Model 3 Performance possibly spotted ahead of dual motor rollout

He didn't say that. He said P as in PERFORMANCE like P85D P90D P100D for the X and S.

I apologize if I made forum a bit messy today. To overcome my mistakes, I will try to donate to this forum tomorrow.

BTW, I really thinks he is talking about Preimum package could be considered as trim , that’s why I started argument. P does not exist even some tweeters says, so I am confused. SR LR AWD do exist as it is on our reservation page.

Last edited:
Yes, and add to that the fact that the Ontario rebate doesn't even apply to me and I'm arguing about it. It just irked me when he tried to say the rebate makes no difference to the Model 3 since we have a $77k limit here and we lose our rebate, which also irks me since I really want the P version but it makes the premium to be paid for it even steeper.
To be honest I don't think ANY model 3 will miss out on either rebate. I dont think there's going to be a P3 of any sort. etc. I think it's just going to be a $10,000 upgrade to have ludicrous mode on your model 3 awd lr. Won't effect Ontario rebate as MSRP is not the determining factor...base price of that model is and that model will be a pit $65,000.

I'll bet you a coke on that if you'd like.