Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S100D EU 2018 - Fuse box access, layout and always on fuses

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ramonneke

Apr 26, 2018
Rotterdam
I tried to access the fuse box of my S100D 2018. I first had to open the frunk which is obvious, then the plastic cover which easily snaps of. However, I then got to a sort of air intake or drainage system I think. See the following photo:

IMG_20190402_125220.jpg

It has 2 tubes connected at either sides which I left connected. At those same locations are 2 clips that can be fairly easily loosened with a screw driver. After that I could fold is a bit to gain access to the fuse box under it. The cover also indicates the fuse numbers:

IMG_20190402_125712.jpg

On both sides are clips that are made to be dismounted with your hands. After that you will get the fuses:

IMG_20190402_130000.jpg

The type of the normal fuses is MICRO2, which I wasn't sure of in the EU model.

I need to tap into the 12V in the frunk and looking for a fuse that would in this box which always has power.

I found a couple of fuse box diagrams but none match the lay-out of this fuse box.

Is there a more convenient way to tap into the 12V somewhere at the frunk? I don't need much power, a maximum of 24W so that would be 2A.

If I cannot find a fuse layout for this model S revision I guess the only other option would be to make sure the keys are not near the car and use a multi-meter to find live fuses.

Attachments

• IMG_20190402_125842.jpg
    IMG_20190402_125842.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 268
I tried to access the fuse box of my S100D 2018. I first had to open the frunk which is obvious, then the plastic cover which easily snaps of. However, I then got to a sort of air intake or drainage system I think. See the following photo:

View attachment 392755

It has 2 tubes connected at either sides which I left connected. At those same locations are 2 clips that can be fairly easily loosened with a screw driver. After that I could fold is a bit to gain access to the fuse box under it. The cover also indicates the fuse numbers:

View attachment 392756

On both sides are clips that are made to be dismounted with your hands. After that you will get the fuses:

View attachment 392758

The type of the normal fuses is MICRO2, which I wasn't sure of in the EU model.

I need to tap into the 12V in the frunk and looking for a fuse that would in this box which always has power.

I found a couple of fuse box diagrams but none match the lay-out of this fuse box.

Is there a more convenient way to tap into the 12V somewhere at the frunk? I don't need much power, a maximum of 24W so that would be 2A.

If I cannot find a fuse layout for this model S revision I guess the only other option would be to make sure the keys are not near the car and use a multi-meter to find live fuses.

Got the same issue. Looks like a blown fuse has disabled all driver's door controls. Have enough not been able to find a diagram for which fuse I should replace. Read it is risky to just start paying fuses as this could negatively affect the functionality of other systems. Got a ranger coming in 10 days but if I knew what fuse to change it would be a 10 minute fix.

Got the same issue. Looks like a blown fuse has disabled all driver's door controls. Have enough not been able to find a diagram for which fuse I should replace. Read it is risky to just start paying fuses as this could negatively affect the functionality of other systems. Got a ranger coming in 10 days but if I knew what fuse to change it would be a 10 minute fix.
Mike I have this same issue, what did you end up having fixed?