Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S100D EU 2018 - Fuse box access, layout and always on fuses

ramonneke

Apr 26, 2018
Rotterdam
I tried to access the fuse box of my S100D 2018. I first had to open the frunk which is obvious, then the plastic cover which easily snaps of. However, I then got to a sort of air intake or drainage system I think. See the following photo:

IMG_20190402_125220.jpg

It has 2 tubes connected at either sides which I left connected. At those same locations are 2 clips that can be fairly easily loosened with a screw driver. After that I could fold is a bit to gain access to the fuse box under it. The cover also indicates the fuse numbers:

IMG_20190402_125712.jpg

On both sides are clips that are made to be dismounted with your hands. After that you will get the fuses:

IMG_20190402_130000.jpg

The type of the normal fuses is MICRO2, which I wasn't sure of in the EU model.

I need to tap into the 12V in the frunk and looking for a fuse that would in this box which always has power.

I found a couple of fuse box diagrams but none match the lay-out of this fuse box.

Is there a more convenient way to tap into the 12V somewhere at the frunk? I don't need much power, a maximum of 24W so that would be 2A.

If I cannot find a fuse layout for this model S revision I guess the only other option would be to make sure the keys are not near the car and use a multi-meter to find live fuses.

Attachments

• IMG_20190402_125842.jpg
    IMG_20190402_125842.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 128

MikeT

Jul 7, 2019
Michigan
I tried to access the fuse box of my S100D 2018. I first had to open the frunk which is obvious, then the plastic cover which easily snaps of. However, I then got to a sort of air intake or drainage system I think. See the following photo:

View attachment 392755

It has 2 tubes connected at either sides which I left connected. At those same locations are 2 clips that can be fairly easily loosened with a screw driver. After that I could fold is a bit to gain access to the fuse box under it. The cover also indicates the fuse numbers:

View attachment 392756

On both sides are clips that are made to be dismounted with your hands. After that you will get the fuses:

View attachment 392758

The type of the normal fuses is MICRO2, which I wasn't sure of in the EU model.

I need to tap into the 12V in the frunk and looking for a fuse that would in this box which always has power.

I found a couple of fuse box diagrams but none match the lay-out of this fuse box.

Is there a more convenient way to tap into the 12V somewhere at the frunk? I don't need much power, a maximum of 24W so that would be 2A.

If I cannot find a fuse layout for this model S revision I guess the only other option would be to make sure the keys are not near the car and use a multi-meter to find live fuses.

Got the same issue. Looks like a blown fuse has disabled all driver's door controls. Have enough not been able to find a diagram for which fuse I should replace. Read it is risky to just start paying fuses as this could negatively affect the functionality of other systems. Got a ranger coming in 10 days but if I knew what fuse to change it would be a 10 minute fix.

selfbp

Aug 4, 2017
East, TN
Got the same issue. Looks like a blown fuse has disabled all driver's door controls. Have enough not been able to find a diagram for which fuse I should replace. Read it is risky to just start paying fuses as this could negatively affect the functionality of other systems. Got a ranger coming in 10 days but if I knew what fuse to change it would be a 10 minute fix.
Mike I have this same issue, what did you end up having fixed?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC