Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model standard upgrade to standard plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got a hold of and spoke with Agoura Hills service center, they said no update is available for purchase for my SR to upgrade to SR+ based off of my VIN. Was really looking forward to doing this upgrade especially since I was told it would be possible before I initially purchased the car, hopefully in the future it becomes available. :/

i still have immersive audio setting but the small front speakers are not functional. I wish they'd have a special sale price on upgrades for end of Q/ year end?

I know they've dropped the price of "software" upgrades for S owners in the past. Maybe some S owners can chime in when in the year it happened?

The A-Pillar speakers are non-functional on the SR+ as well. Apparently while the speakers are physically there, they aren't actually wired to anything. Getting those working will NOT be a software update and instead requires wiring them up.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
The A-Pillar speakers are non-functional on the SR+ as well. Apparently while the speakers are physically there, they aren't actually wired to anything. Getting those working will NOT be a software update and instead requires wiring them up.

The first run of Standard Plus cars apparently did have wired A-Pillar speakers according to some people on youtube who took the liners off to look at them. This may well have changed, in order to cut costs they seem to be stripping parts out bit by bit on the SR/SR+. I've heard they've even taken out the fog lamps (as in they're physically gone, not just disabled). So while some of the earlier cars might have the capability of software upgrades it probably won't happen since there are apparently too many permutations of SR/SR+ cars.

Since they're starting to strip features even out of the SR+ I wonder if we might see a Standard Premium model in the future.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Hello!

The price to upgrade to standard range plus is $4500 + tax and we would be more than happy to set this up and collect payment so we can start the configuration process if you would like us to! This does not require a service center visit!

Thanks,

Shelly Hayden | Service Advisor, Service

470 W. Lancaster Ave, Devon, PA 19333

p. +1 (610) 407-7030 | [email protected]

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
I emailed service again to see if the upgrade price has reduced due to the reduced price of the SR+. Previously it was quoted at $4500 + Tax; if it goes down to $3000... I'm all in!. Since I seriously doubt they're going to drop the price of the 35k SR... the current difference in price is $2990. I originally paid $35.4k rather than $35k due to a slight price bump in mid 2019 so $2590? Free money for Tesla or wishful thinking? Has anyone else contacted service to see the current price for the SR to SR+ upgrade cost?

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Fingers crossed for you folks. Seems like a no-brainer from Tesla's perspective to match the current price delta so long as it remains a significant amount (which $3k sure is to me), as it's gravy money to them.

@RLEE I was wondering the same thing but have not reached out yet (also got quoted $4500 a few months ago). Please update us if you hear a response, and I will contact my service rep too.

I did get a response and was told that 'At this time, it's still $4500', very friendly service representative. I responded to let me know if it does drop, I'll be the first one in line :) and I'll let you all know also.

I agree with you all, $3k in 'free' money for Tesla per upgrade, this would be even more convenient if they didn't need service time to do it (OTA everything).

Also, with this price drop, IMO there's no reason to drop the price on the 35k car. They don't advertise it or put it on the menu for a reason... it's only purpose was to make good on Elon's promise of a 35k car, it's not really a car that's used for comparisons with other EVs (most are compared to the SR+). I'd be very surprised if they lowered that price. They are just enticing more people to pay up for the SR+.

It will not show up there. You'll have to talk to a service representative... maybe several before you find one that knows about this.

anyone try texting/emailing so you get in writing (i just sent them a message to see) ? Also, I should have a $250 solar referral credit wonder if that would work towards or is it shop stuff?