Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model standard upgrade to standard plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
June 2019. It was an sr+ for a few days. I have physical fog lights and rear seat heaters and hw3 but I missed out on the garage door opener.

SR+ never shipped with Homelink pre-installed. I've got a March 2019 SR+ with fog lights, door pocket lights (software disabled), all sorts of extra speakers (software disabled), rear seat heaters (software enableable), dimming sideview mirrors, frunk hooks, and a rubber dead pedal. But Homelink was only ever a Tesla Shop add-on.

I emailed service again to see if the upgrade price has reduced due to the reduced price of the SR+. Previously it was quoted at $4500 + Tax; if it goes down to $3000... I'm all in!. Since I seriously doubt they're going to drop the price of the 35k SR... the current difference in price is $2990. I originally paid $35.4k rather than $35k due to a slight price bump in mid 2019 so $2590? Free money for Tesla or wishful thinking? Has anyone else contacted service to see the current price for the SR to SR+ upgrade cost?

Was quoted $3K initially by sales.. Quickly set up an appt with service .. then was sent an estimate of $5K .. asked why? They said the initial quote was an error. Oh well wishful thinking .Hopefully they will adjust it to $3K... easy money for tesla.

Was quoted $3K initially by sales.. Quickly set up an appt with service .. then was sent an estimate of $5K .. asked why? They said the initial quote was an error. Oh well wishful thinking .Hopefully they will adjust it to $3K... easy money for tesla.

hopefully it means $3k is coming soon! I'm waiting for AP for 2K or $3k for all in!

I have a standard range but I already have autopilot. I'm wondering will I have to pay the $4,500 the upgrade to the plus just mileage for the extra 30 miles....
Other people that have already paid for Autopilot were only charged the difference ($1,500) for the upgrade to SR+: Upgrade SR to SR+
Which is really awkward because an SR with autopilot is 38000 vs the new 37990 price of an SR+. I guess tesla could hand d1407 ten dollars and unlock your battery?

Which is really awkward because an SR with autopilot is 38000 vs the new 37990 price of an SR+. I guess tesla could hand d1407 ten dollars and unlock your battery?

The price for upgrading an SR to an SR+ is always based on the difference in cost between the two models at the time of purchase. Otherwise people could wait until the SR+ is $34,000 and then ask Tesla for a refund to upgrade.