Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X 2016 for Ford 250 Platinum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great information.

Wonder if there is a physical way to see if it does the Dual AC Charge and how that works. Very intriguing to me. I have a friend I shoot pool with on Sundays and could plug it in, this CONDO LIFE is not all that it is cracked up to be. lol.
4 char code is: CH04 High Amperage Charger Upgrade

If the car is not plugged in then you can look to see what the max is. See graphic below for my current '17 X. If I am plugged into my NEMA 14-50 plug and portable Tesla charge then it shows max 40 amp and my current setting (32 amp) in my garage.

I was reminded of this by looking at this old reddit.
Easiest way is to open the charge screen on the car, and press the arrow up on the amperage. If it goes up to 72 or 80 you have dual. 40/48 you have single. (I put both 72/80 and 40/48 because Tesla changed the limits at some time and I can’t remember when).
2C718ng.jpg

4 char code is: CH04 High Amperage Charger Upgrade

If the car is not plugged in then you can look to see what the max is. See graphic below for my current '17 X. If I am plugged into my NEMA 14-50 plug and portable Tesla charge then it shows max 40 amp and my current setting (32 amp) in my garage.

I was reminded of this by looking at this old reddit.

2C718ng.jpg
It has 72A so it is Dual, cool news.
Charging.jpg

To update everyone with Stats. I love my decision. Literally did the math for the last two days driving my Gorgeous love of my life, F250 and new Love of my Life, drop dead Gorgeous also, my Tesla MX90D. In the first day, the first two days with over 160 Miles driving in South Florida I saved around $50 in gas, regenerative braking had me using my Brakes very little in city driving. The F250 uses brakes every 30K at around $750 to do them my self.

Today I have to go watch a game in Riviera Beach and take some kids home, around 150 more miles. Being a Coach and Business Man includes much traveling. I know it is an extreme comparison, but in the end it is my life, my experience.

Already saving over $200 in week 1 on the FREE SUPER CHARGING. To me and in my opinion this FEATURE outweighs all other Features. Money in the POCKET and FREE GAS. It is that str8t up for me, 100%.
PicwithTwoCars.jpg

CarPic1.jpg

As to daily driving, both are equally comfortable for my 6'8" 300lb self to drive in, but admittedly the Tesla is much more luxurious ride and is easier to drive in the city for parking and getting around. That was the surprise to me, how big the Model X really is inside for the driver, incredible space and the view with the windows is equally as large as my 3/4 ton pickup truck.

Congrats! its a great car for sure even tho its AP1

It has 72A so it is Dual, cool news.
To clarify, X never had dual (physically) chargers, only S (2x40A chargers in parallel or something like that)
It just has one charger in the back left by charge port that can do 72amp
Also, X never had 80A charger option
In reality would prefer to slow charge at 240V like my wife Tesla Model 3 that lived on 240V Chargers 70% of the time. Would pay the lower cost electric in Florida of .14 to increase the battery life.
I wouldn't worry about this at all. 72A at 240 is still only 17kW spread out over ~7k cells...
Charging slower on AC won't affect ur battery life much.
U can always lower the current by location but i can tell u that 72amp comes in handy many times for me :)