Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say i love my Tesla model X, but wait a minute. The day i picked up my car 9-2016 the next day meaning the 2nd day I went to open my falcon door and it took off the side molding and all sensors while opening. Tesla told me to go to the local service center as they were opened. I got there and they were closed, wow the stories started, when they were suppose to be opened around 4 PM. To many stories from Tesla to type. They taped up my car molding for a week, then it took months for the Falcon door parts and other parts to arrive, then they said I was a priority and apologized. Over a month went by and i had to call them weekly, as no one ever returns calls or reach out to you. They then said they had the parts and they would need the car for 3 days to make all necessary repairs. I reconfirmed our appointment and asked them to please check that all parts were there before i drop off my car for service. Oh yes! I met with the head service manager, went over a laundry list of items. They gave me a gas loaner, little shocked but i didn't care. keep in mind my car was 2 days old when this happened and this is how I was treated. So i leave my car with service, on the 4th day of not hearing from anyone, i called service for them to tell me they haven't even looked at my car and will start evaluating it soon. So i called the service manager again, he said he was sorry and i was a major priority for something like this to happen and so on. 2 1/2 weeks later i go to pick up my car and there is a door ding in the passenger door from them and the car was filthy. How could they call me without going over everything on the car to make sure everything was corrected and cleaned before i arrive shame on management. Well this story is only the beginning. The Fit and Finish is horrific all around, My falcon wing doors have been in two Tesla service centers over 7 times, Telsa tells me 11 times and they still make the same loud noises and crackles and sometimes do not work, latches hit the car and leave scratches on the trunk and falcon door, the rubber seals on the small front windows are already faded, the a/c for the front seats is forced air, no A/C like originally told with an up-charge of $4,500., oil for the power windows continues to streak on the inside of the door of the windows as they go up, Tire pressure gauge has come on 4 times when tires are fine. My auto seats do not work when you have 4 people in car, radio plays sometimes when i have it off, they replaced rubber around the windows because of all the wind noise, several of the black rubber peices are faded to grey on the window trims iside and out., monitor crashes at least 1 a week while driving, To this day, the support and service is horrific! Shame on Tesla and its Exec. Management for building such a great innovative advanced automobile and not focusing on there support,service, fit and finish. Shame on Tesla management, i like so many others can say I love the technology and love driving the car, but is it worth the continued problems and stories from Tesla day or week or month after month with no one accountable. If i have had a new account rep assigned to me one time its been more 15 account reps all with there names, numbers etc. but there hands are tied from Management. I have the Model 3 on order and wonder if i should proceed with Tesla, because if they continue with this type of Horrific Support and Service, they will end up like Saturn, no matter how much money is backing them and i sure don't want that. Stop looking for new innovative inventions to build before you support and service your current Model S, Model X and soon to be Model 3. Wake up Telsa, this isn't brain science, do your fit and finish and spend all your time on support and service of your clients before you decide to move forward with any more new products.

Which service center did you go to? Like you I took delivery September 2016. And just like yours my FWD also scraped off and bent the quarter glass trim, on the day of delivery outside of the delivery center. So, mine is worse than yours in some sense. The delivery manager took the car back, arranged me a loaner (an old Model S someone just traded in), and got my car delivered (driven) to my house 2 business days later with new trim and door fixed. This was Costa Mesa location.

I have most of those problems you described but I didn’t find them unbearable. My windows still squeak after they replaced parts and window regulator. I’ve gotten used to them over the year. However, I also took mine in to fix the FWD detecting phantom object under direct sunlight. 4 visits later the door has been ok for 4 months. The problem is starting to arise again recently and they are ordering me a new complete FWD. If that doesn’t fix it I am asking for a replacement vehicle. It’s their last chance.

Overall I am still happy with the car and am satisfied with service center. They are trying to get things fixed but sometimes there are things they just can’t get right. It’s just some compromise we have to make. They are not perfect.