Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X 2017 Battery Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks I have a 2017 75D Model X. Recently my battery has been acting up. It does not charge to 100%. Max I've gotten it to is 90%. In addition the range is so variable. Sometimes I plug it in and the 90% mark will be 204 other times it will say 194 at 90%. Same goes for other percentages. I tried the calibration trick by bringing it into the single digits yesterday then tried going to 100% and it did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Hey folks I have a 2017 75D Model X. Recently my battery has been acting up. It does not charge to 100%. Max I've gotten it to is 90%. In addition the range is so variable. Sometimes I plug it in and the 90% mark will be 204 other times it will say 194 at 90%. Same goes for other percentages. I tried the calibration trick by bringing it into the single digits yesterday then tried going to 100% and it did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
I would for sure take it to the service center. You may get 'lucky' and get a warranty replacement.

Not sure if you know of the phone app ScanMyTesla that lets you look at battery details (cell voltages, etc). You would need a connecting wire and BT adapter. There is a thread on TMC about it. Their web page: scan my tesla

I would for sure take it to the service center. You may get 'lucky' and get a warranty replacement.

Not sure if you know of the phone app ScanMyTesla that lets you look at battery details (cell voltages, etc). You would need a connecting wire and BT adapter. There is a thread on TMC about it. Their web page: scan my tesla

I think that warrants a check with service center.

With my very limited knowledge of how battery controller works, it does seem you have quite a lot of cells out of balance (Don't trust me). What I would do it try to keep car plugged in for much longer time and see if it can reach 100%?
Example of details you can get from ScanMyTesla that I mentioned.

O0mwTWP.jpg