Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X 2020 Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X 2020 model donot go above 140kw even on a supercharger 250kw.Is this normal or I have an issue with my charging mechanism on Model X.I am talking about even at low battery charge it did not go above 140kw on supercharger 250kw.(V3)

@Qasim715, from the article linked above, it would seem that the peak V3 charging rate may depend on what battery pack version you have from 2020. Is the 140 kW you quote from a single experience or multiple V3 charging sessions? I find a fairly wide range of charging rates due to factors I can’t always identify. Also, have you always navigated to the SC for at least 30 min so that the battery preconditioning can do its thing? Even with that, colder temps during the winter will have an impact.

I have seen as high as 180 kW at a V3 on my 2017 MX, but that was exceedingly fleeting and the peak is more typically below 150 kW. Here are data snapshots from Teslafi from that charging session. It was 50 F outside.
C96809C5-55AC-4700-BD78-5F540CFFD294.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I have seen as high as 180 kW at a V3 on my 2017 MX, but that was exceedingly fleeting and the peak is more typically below 150 kW. Here are data snapshots from Teslafi from that charging session. It was 50 F outside.
Your post brought back a memory. I got 180 kW as well on my 2017 MX and did a 'kW' search in my photos-google-com and found it. Oct 2021 picture below. Looks like battery was around 1/3.
joOy4ge.jpg

o8cnmYp.jpg

em21K1v.jpg

Reactions: Bigriver
My Model X 2020 model donot go above 140kw even on a supercharger 250kw.Is this normal or I have an issue with my charging mechanism on Model X.I am talking about even at low battery charge it did not go above 140kw on supercharger 250kw.(V3)
There are factors beyond state of charge that effect charging speed. How long you drove immediately before charging will effect pack temperature, as will outside air temp. The only time I approach the 200+ kW is when I pull in from an hour or so of highway driving on a warm day.