Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X 2020 long range plus battery Reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model X 2020 long range plus battery range fully charged got 316 mil instead of 376, I just bought it 3 days ago! Is this normal? 17% reduction
My guess is this is among the most question asked.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do because your warranty only covers a battery degradation that's below 70% of its EPA number.

351 miles x 70% = 245 miles.

1666129694484.png

Upvote 0
I have the same issue. I just brought mines yesterday and did a full charge with the same results. I checked the battery and mines says E so not sure if its the same as yours. I am assuming some of the Long Range plus cars were built with the E battery instead of the F which had more range?

Upvote 0
I have the same issue. I just brought mines yesterday and did a full charge with the same results. I checked the battery and mines says E so not sure if its the same as yours. I am assuming some of the Long Range plus cars were built with the E battery instead of the F which had more range?
I have a 2019 model x E battery. When I bought it it was a long range (not plus) rated at 328miles.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Upvote 0
Long Range Plus was never rated at 376, 371 was the best factory rating, which was the final two or three months of production only, for best case, perfect conditions, brand new battery, 20" wheels, no wind, no rain, one occupant, yada. Your car was most likely rated for 351 new. If it's showing 317 at 100%, it's still got as much range as a brand new Performance did. Chill. And if you want forum help, maybe post more information next time, like how many miles are on the car, or when it was built, or literally anything else

Upvote 0