Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X 75D - Real 0-60 number question?

daverosen5

Apr 16, 2019
Austin, TX
Hello,

I am currently purchasing a Tesla Model X 75D, 2016 used. When I purchased last week on the Tesla website, it shows 4.9 second 0-60.
Doing the research, I believe this number is wrong and misleading.
Why I say this. Back when Tesla Model X's were released, a 75D was shown as 6.0~ second 0-60. In June of 2017 Tesla made an announcement that all 75D Model X's can now be uncorked to make it 4.9 second 0-60, but needs to be in a SC and cannot be over the air.
Article: Tesla is unlocking extra power in older Model S and X 75D vehicles - cutting a second off 0-60 mph acceleration - Electrek

Multiple people confirming they upgraded their 2016 Model X 75D's: Model X 75D - Uncorked | Tesla

Currently waiting for delivery and I spoke to the SC and they said that only certain 75D's can be uncorked (mostly 2018 and later they said). I told them to read their own announcement from June 2017 I mentioned above and they are now investigating it further.

If you go to Tesla Used Cars official website, you will see that all 2016 Model X 75D's show 4.9 0-60.

Thoughts?

ElectricIAC

Devil’s Advocate
Dec 31, 2019
DFW
The same used site that lists 2016 P100DL as having 295mi range?

I find it interesting that they can claim this when on a used unit range likely has degraded 10-15%.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110

daverosen5

Apr 16, 2019
Austin, TX
One Day Later update: Alright folks, after a lot of back and forth pushing, and myself staying commiting to telling them it is possible as 20+ others on the form have been in a similar situation, Tesla called me back and now say it is possible. They said they had to reach past the SC to an engineering level, and because there is something labeled wrong, they thought they could not do it, but they can. They will uncork on delivery.

Hwood

Apr 30, 2020
Texas
SC verified it was not and cannot be. After a lot of pushing I was able to get them to say they will do it.
So you called SC to verify before you get your vehicle? I’m getting a 2017 MX, wonder if I call SC or call my advisor to ask this question

daverosen5

Apr 16, 2019
Austin, TX
100% call your SC and not your advisor. Your advisor is there to make the sale and to help you with a different car if your reject delivery.

Your SC is the one you need to push and push to uncork it for you.

Hwood

Apr 30, 2020
Texas
100% call your SC and not your advisor. Your advisor is there to make the sale and to help you with a different car if your reject delivery.

Your SC is the one you need to push and push to uncork it for you.
Thanks! I think my car is still in transportation. Not sure if my SC has it to check. Did you call SC when your advisor told you your car was there for inspection?

RRM998

Supporting Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pasadena, TX
My Dec 2016 75D was “uncorked” a while back. I didn’t ask for it — the SC just did it while the car was in for something else. I’ve never timed a 0-60 (before or after) so the change has not been noticeable to me.

As I remember, they need to check the capacity of the motors to see if they can be uncorked.

MrTomP

Dec 14, 2019
Mesa As
How do you check if your X is uncorked? I have a 11/16 MX I purchased in January? If it isnt, then do I schedule an appointment and ask for them to uncork my X?

Cbmd81

Apr 19, 2020
US
Tesla advertises 4.9 seconds on all of the used 75d that I have seen. Is it not safe to assume that they have uncorked the used inventory since this is what is advertised?

gangzoom

May 22, 2014
Uk
I’ve never timed a 0-60 (before or after) so the change has not been noticeable to me.

The 0-60 time is very noticable between uncorked and corked, it's nearly as quick as a 90/100D. Once you are over 60 mph the acceleration really tails off though and its noticable slower up to 100mph by a good margin.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC