Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X 75D - Real 0-60 number question?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am currently purchasing a Tesla Model X 75D, 2016 used. When I purchased last week on the Tesla website, it shows 4.9 second 0-60.
Doing the research, I believe this number is wrong and misleading.
Why I say this. Back when Tesla Model X's were released, a 75D was shown as 6.0~ second 0-60. In June of 2017 Tesla made an announcement that all 75D Model X's can now be uncorked to make it 4.9 second 0-60, but needs to be in a SC and cannot be over the air.
Article: Tesla is unlocking extra power in older Model S and X 75D vehicles - cutting a second off 0-60 mph acceleration - Electrek

Multiple people confirming they upgraded their 2016 Model X 75D's: Model X 75D - Uncorked | Tesla

Currently waiting for delivery and I spoke to the SC and they said that only certain 75D's can be uncorked (mostly 2018 and later they said). I told them to read their own announcement from June 2017 I mentioned above and they are now investigating it further.

If you go to Tesla Used Cars official website, you will see that all 2016 Model X 75D's show 4.9 0-60.

Thoughts?

One Day Later update: Alright folks, after a lot of back and forth pushing, and myself staying commiting to telling them it is possible as 20+ others on the form have been in a similar situation, Tesla called me back and now say it is possible. They said they had to reach past the SC to an engineering level, and because there is something labeled wrong, they thought they could not do it, but they can. They will uncork on delivery.

100% call your SC and not your advisor. Your advisor is there to make the sale and to help you with a different car if your reject delivery.

Your SC is the one you need to push and push to uncork it for you.
Thanks! I think my car is still in transportation. Not sure if my SC has it to check. Did you call SC when your advisor told you your car was there for inspection?

My Dec 2016 75D was “uncorked” a while back. I didn’t ask for it — the SC just did it while the car was in for something else. I’ve never timed a 0-60 (before or after) so the change has not been noticeable to me.

As I remember, they need to check the capacity of the motors to see if they can be uncorked.