Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Acceleration Set To Chill Mode Mode May Be Restored On Next Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had this pop up yesterday and can’t see anyone else who has had this issue. It’s now happened twice. Anyone ever seen this before.

Attachments

• 7536A9BD-1193-4FF9-B040-F16651041A33.jpeg
    7536A9BD-1193-4FF9-B040-F16651041A33.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 140
Had this pop up yesterday and can’t see anyone else who has had this issue. It’s now happened twice. Anyone ever seen this before.
Mine hasn’t indicated anything but it suddenly slowed way down. Using the STATS app for Tesla I measure a 0 - 60 time of 8.3 seconds! It feels like it too. My Model 3 SR+ blows the X away from a stop light and on. I should try activating Chill and see what happens.

Is going 92mph while using your phone to take a quick photo on a road with a speed limit of 65 really that safe? Maybe your X is trying to tell you something.... they have been updating the neural networks...
Assuming you are referring to my post, ANY interaction with a Tesla touchscreen while moving is more dangerous than holding a cell phone. Tesla’s UI is a death trap!

I made the measurements without holding or touching the phone while the car was in motion and 63 mph is sufficient to get the results, not 92!

Assuming you are referring to my post, ANY interaction with a Tesla touchscreen while moving is more dangerous than holding a cell phone. Tesla’s UI is a death trap!

I made the measurements without holding or touching the phone while the car was in motion and 63 mph is sufficient to get the results, not 92!
No, I was referring the the OPs photo.

My guess is that when you are going that fast — and grossly exceeding the speed limit — the software limits the available acceleration. Which seems sensible to me. Why should the car provide the driver with full power when they are going 92mph?

Please don’t speed, you endanger the lives of the other drivers on the road around you. Thank you.

Reactions: qdeathstar
Mine did this just this past weekend for no apparent reason in stop/go/slowly rolling freeway traffic, while using autopilot. No hands-on-wheel strikeouts or construction or anything weird going on other than traffic. Resolved after the next restart. Chill button had no effect, even without "Chill" displayed on the IP, still only got about 200kw of go for the rest of the drive.

Add it to the list of never-before-seen bugs 25.12.7 has manifested on my car

My guess is that when you are going that fast — and grossly exceeding the speed limit — the software limits the available acceleration. Which seems sensible to me. Why should the car provide the driver with full power when they are going 92mph?

Please don’t speed, you endanger the lives of the other drivers on the road around you. Thank you.
lol you cracked the case

• Helpful
Reactions: mxnym