Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X could dance again!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today at a Tesla EV day at the Wyoming Seminary elementary school in Forty Fort PA we did a show for the kids.
I think I'm going to make a suggestion to Tesla that before the Xmas Easter Egg starts playing, to use the in-car microphone to check if another Tesla has already started playing the Easter Egg, identify the position it's at and then jump to that location of the performance. You have to keep multiple Teslas in-sync with each other!

Reactions: hiroshiy
I think I'm going to make a suggestion to Tesla that before the Xmas Easter Egg starts playing, to use the in-car microphone to check if another Tesla has already started playing the Easter Egg, identify the position it's at and then jump to that location of the performance. You have to keep multiple Teslas in-sync with each other!

They could synchronize more efficiently by building an ad hoc network on Wi-Fi. :)

We had trouble getting the two in sync, but a couple times we came really close. (I think we did it five or six times today, for a succession of different classes at the school)

They could synchronize more efficiently by building an ad hoc network on Wi-Fi. :)

We had trouble getting the two in sync, but a couple times we came really close. (I think we did it five or six times today, for a succession of different classes at the school)
Well part of it was trying to get the kids to start it. That failed. I thought we did a pretty good job when it was the two of us adults at least in this video.

Reactions: Saghost
We noticed that it was harder to synchronize two cars if one had premium audio system and other didn't. Had to press remotes about half second apart. Future feature could be a link via Bluetooth or wifi as suggested.

In December, I had the youngest push the front chrome Tesla logo and say "Merry Christmas" about 5 secs after pushing the fob, it worked great.

I heard a rumor that 2 nearby together would synchronize, but must have been a false one.

Not sure this has been discussed, but in relaying the instructions for the Easter Egg to a Jewish friend who just took delivery on a Model X, he seemed disinclined to activate during Passover week. Does seem a bit insensitive on Tesla's part. Though the term "easter egg" for buried software is standard in the SW community, would think using "modelXholiday" as the access code would be more appropriate.

Make sure you are away from any obstacles. (It sounds like the FWD sensors think you might be too close to something.)

It wants lots of clearance, more than is necessary to open the FWDs.
And it's not just the FW doors. It opens the front doors so the car has to be far enough away to allow the front door to open.

Reactions: MP3Mike