Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, last night as I was buying spray paint for another project I had the same epiphany. Just plasti-dip the OEM ones to make them black... I have tons of that at home and it peels off if I want later.

Did your OEM center caps fit? I was planning to use the dark ones from a model 3 kit.

Yeah, last night as I was buying spray paint for another project I had the same epiphany. Just plasti-dip the OEM ones to make them black... I have tons of that at home and it peels off if I want later.

Did your OEM center caps fit? I was planning to use the dark ones from a model 3 kit.

Yea my OEM caps fit, but I’m using the tsport ones for color matching. I have the 22s though, it looks like you have a smaller set?

I stuck w/the 20s for the PA roads I have to travel. Most of our highways look like an off-road adventure.

Planning to get the TPMS and tires moved to the new wheels Friday :)

I'd like to find OEM center caps that are similar in color.
The model 3 ones are very close, but I was having a hard time fitting them in.

Last edited:
I stuck w/the 20s for the PA roads I have to travel. Most of our highways look like an off-road adventure.

Planning to get the TPMS and tires moved to the new wheels Friday :)

I'd like to find OEM center caps that are similar in color.

The model 3 ones are very close, but I was having a hard time fitting them in.

Oh I’m unfortunately familiar with PA roads. They get beautiful when you get close to Ohio though...

There’s two options for the center caps. You can either buy space grey touch up from TSportline and paint them yourself. Or any rim repair place should be able to do a color match on it.

Nice to see 22" with similar range of OEM 20s my avrg on my Turbine 22 is 415wh/mi over the last 14k miles! This is a nice option with 22!

Several thousand miles now and I’ve seen a slight increase but it’s stabilized and doesn’t really fluctuate anymore. The verdict is that this does increase consumption over the OEM 20s, but only slightly. It’s a significant improvement over the OEM 22s.

The end state is 386 wh/mi. Yours may be higher or lower depending in your driving habits, but my comparison numbers are in this thread. It turns out my initial numbers were off due to the unseasonally high heat. It has since returned to be proportional with lower local numbers and higher highway numbers.

I was curious as to how much climate control affected range, and what I could do without driving like lead foot McQueen. I was able to average 308wh/mi with just climate off. And 218 wh/mi with climate off and chill mode on. No drafting or other techniques were used. It was otherwise driven the same way. Both cases drove the same daily driving route 70% highway/30% local, 800ft of elevation change and hitting speeds of 85mph for at least 50 miles each.

If anyone is on the fence, hope this data helps. There hasn’t been much range/consumption feedback with aftermarket wheels in general.

I'm about to take delivery on my X and am interested in these rims. Is there any issue with reusing the tires that comes with the X on these rims? Asking primarily because the foam inside and mechanics not touching them for plugging leaks.

I'm about to take delivery on my X and am interested in these rims. Is there any issue with reusing the tires that comes with the X on these rims? Asking primarily because the foam inside and mechanics not touching them for plugging leaks.

The Model X 20" TSS are designed to fit factory 20" tires, TPMS, and lug nuts. In other words, no aftermarket hardware is necessary.

@Tsportline when will you have the 20" Space Gray in stock?

Space Gray wheels should be available in a week or two.

Question along similar lines pertaining to the 20” rims. I believe the factory 20s are 9” front and 9.5” rear, whereas the TS 20s are specced at 9” and 10” respectively. The factory tires still fit within safe margins?

The Model X 20" TSS are designed to fit factory 20" tires, TPMS, and lug nuts. In other words, no aftermarket hardware is necessary.

Space Gray wheels should be available in a week or two.
Vely

There's no issues, the tires will fit fine. But generally speaking I don't typically recommend reusing tires. The only reason for that is I've seen people destroy the tire beads when removing tires from wheels which causes sealing issues when redone. A good tire place won't have this issue, so it's a general statement.

It's also possible to plug a foam tire, it's just more profitable to sell an entire tire. I've plugged a dozen or so foam lined Tesla tires myself. The only difference is needing to drill through the foam and making sure it's clean to get a good seal. If patching is needed, the foam can be cut, tire patched, and foam can be reapplied. The tire will be ever so slightly out of balance, but most will not notice the VERY small difference.

Question along similar lines pertaining to the 20” rims. I believe the factory 20s are 9” front and 9.5” rear, whereas the TS 20s are specced at 9” and 10” respectively. The factory tires still fit within safe margins?

Vely

If you have the Contis:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...Model X 75D&autoModClar=265/45-20F 275/45-20R

Tire spec says this tire fits up to a 10" rim.

• Informative
Reactions: Varmint
There's no issues, the tires will fit fine. But generally speaking I don't typically recommend reusing tires. The only reason for that is I've seen people destroy the tire beads when removing tires from wheels which causes sealing issues when redone. A good tire place won't have this issue, so it's a general statement.

It's also possible to plug a foam tire, it's just more profitable to sell an entire tire. I've plugged a dozen or so foam lined Tesla tires myself. The only difference is needing to drill through the foam and making sure it's clean to get a good seal. If patching is needed, the foam can be cut, tire patched, and foam can be reapplied. The tire will be ever so slightly out of balance, but most will not notice the VERY small difference.

If you have the Contis:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=CrossContact+LX+Sport&frontTire=645VR0CCLXSXLCOSI&rearTire=745VR0CCLXSXLCOSI&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Model X 75D&autoModClar=265/45-20F 275/45-20R

Tire spec says this tire fits up to a 10" rim.
Thanks for the tips! I'm not surprised to hear that about the tire plugging.

Our Labor Day Sale is going on now!

t-sportline-labor-day-sale-3.jpg

Offer Terms & Conditions

Online orders only. Discount excludes Pre Orders and Wholesale Orders. Free Shipping to Canada excludes Model 3 Trunk Wings and Lowering Springs. Discounted Shipping for customers within Asia, Europe, Middle East, and Oceania. T Sportline Referral Program is excluded from the Labor Day Sale. Sale ends Monday, September 2, 2019 11:59 pm, PST.
*Terms subject to change.

Took delivery of my new Tesla X (dark silver) roughly a month ago with 20" stock rims. Stock rims were only on the car for less than 75 miles before switching over to new new 22" Tsportline TSS rims in matte black and DWS06. So, no real world comparison between the two.

So far I have 1700 miles on the car with one trip from San Jose to Reno and back. My average wh/mi for the 1700 miles is at 341, which I'm pretty happy with. My daily commute is 50 miles round trip with 85% freeways and mostly flat - San Jose to Morgan Hill. I mostly stay between 70-75 mph. Overall I'm very pleased with the fit, ride, quality, and looks of the rim.

Several thousand miles now and I’ve seen a slight increase but it’s stabilized and doesn’t really fluctuate anymore. The verdict is that this does increase consumption over the OEM 20s, but only slightly. It’s a significant improvement over the OEM 22s.

The end state is 386 wh/mi. Yours may be higher or lower depending in your driving habits, but my comparison numbers are in this thread. It turns out my initial numbers were off due to the unseasonally high heat. It has since returned to be proportional with lower local numbers and higher highway numbers.

I was curious as to how much climate control affected range, and what I could do without driving like lead foot McQueen. I was able to average 308wh/mi with just climate off. And 218 wh/mi with climate off and chill mode on. No drafting or other techniques were used. It was otherwise driven the same way. Both cases drove the same daily driving route 70% highway/30% local, 800ft of elevation change and hitting speeds of 85mph for at least 50 miles each.

If anyone is on the fence, hope this data helps. There hasn’t been much range/consumption feedback with aftermarket wheels in general.

Excellent info. Consumption is not too bad at all.

Did you notice an increase in noise with the DWS compared to the stock Pirellis?

My referral wheels just came in, so I’m seriously considering selling those and getting the TSS 22s.

Excellent info. Consumption is not too bad at all.

Did you notice an increase in noise with the DWS compared to the stock Pirellis?

My referral wheels just came in, so I’m seriously considering selling those and getting the TSS 22s.

The consumption has acutally gotten better. When the temps started dropping, so did my wh/mi. I'm down to 374 wh/mi on the wheels with temps hovering around 50 degrees right now. I imagine it'll creed up slightly when the temps continue to drop. Normally I have a set of Nokians for winter, but I'll ride these out as long as possible to get an accurate reading. For comparison again, I got 377wh/mi on the OEM 20's with OEM Conti's so these are directly comparable in range.

As for handling, the DWS06 are noticeably worse in handling compared to the OEM 22's on Pirellis, but also noticeably better in ride comfort, and noise. Everything on this setup (noise, comfort, consumption etc.) is very comparable to the 20's. There's very little trade off - most are not noticeable. Compared to the Nokians on OEM 20's that I have, it's a drastic change in terms of noise as those make a lot of road noise.

• Informative
Reactions: jgrgnt