TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla model X front seat question

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Miasdad, Jun 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Miasdad

Miasdad New Member

Hello,

First post and wondering if anyone knows if the driver side and passenger side seats are identical? Specifically the " seat back" plastic panel that is glossy? Any info would be appreciated!

2. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

#2 Mark Z, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Congratulations on your first post! Welcome to TMC.

If you are referring to the back of the seat, yes they are the same material.

The six and seven seat Model X have the same material on the rear of the center row seats. The two third row seats have carpet on the back.

The five seat Model X has carpet on the back of the rear row bench seat similar to Model S. There are no third row seats.

Here is a long thread about the Model X seat backs:

Glossy seat backs + kids

• Helpful x 1
  3. Miasdad

Miasdad New Member

Thanks! Sorry i should have been more specific. What i am trying to find out is if the driver side seat and passenger front seats are identical or universal. I am looking for a replacement plastic "seat back" and saw a used model X plastic seat back for sale. The seller doesnt know if came from a driver side or passenger side when i asked. So i was hoping that there wasnt any difference in the left or right side. Hope this makes more sense. Thanks for replying

4. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

#4 Mark Z, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Here is a link to a post in the long thread:

Glossy seat backs + kids

Since Tesla sells the part, I suggest to call Tesla or a Tesla Service Center to ask them if there is any difference.

(After checking eBay, the Tesla installed price appears to be more reasonable.)

5. Miasdad

Miasdad New Member

Thank you!