Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Where & when was this?
July 8, driving down from Duck Creek Village, UT to Cedar City, UT. I actually was -314Wh/mi over 15 miles, but the graph wasn't solid green for the whole thing, so not quite as impressive. I was going between 44-50 mph. What was craziest is that I charged to ~98% before leaving, and there was a significant climb to get out of town, but 34 minutes into the drive regen started to get limited cause the battery was back to ~97%.

Reactions: Patrick0101
Model X story. I was holding an event at a local home showroom (I'm a real estate agent), and afterwards walking to my car, some of attendees asked about the MX. So I opened the doors and showed them and talked with them about the car. A few minutes.

Then these two women came quickly strolling up to me and asked "Is this your car?" I still had the falcon wing doors opened. They were stunned. I let them crawl inside and take selfies and chatted with them about the car. Then they said "Now we have to go back to our *#&$ BMW." They were in an X5 35i. I asked how much that car was. 80k.

Wow, you're brave! Can I assume there weren't any monkey pens that you drove through? They can be vicious and damage/remove wipers and antennas (not a problem with X) from the vehicle. Not to mention all the shenanigans with feces. I'm afraid to take my X through such a park.
I took my X there in July. Ostriches roam free, which worried me. Apart from that, the other animals are quite docile.

Drove our X to the Elkton Butterfly Pavilion
2017-08-09%2B1264.JPG

2017-08-09%2B1391.JPG

2017-08-09%2B1271.JPG

Traveling Oregon in a Tesla - Photo Journal (Part 5 Elkton Butterfly Pavilion)

Pulled into the Springfield OR supercharger with trailer in tow. This is a hotel parking lot. Eventually a maintenance attendant came out to the car to ask “What are you doing here?” I assume because he thought a random car+trailer was blocking the supercharger stalls. My response “charging!”. He had never seen a Tesla with a trailer before.

Attachments

• BDB4424A-4B55-42D1-9DB0-6A6779E9DD2E.jpeg
    BDB4424A-4B55-42D1-9DB0-6A6779E9DD2E.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 173
  • B13BE1B9-C21C-4F3C-9BF0-EB778F0FB976.jpeg
    B13BE1B9-C21C-4F3C-9BF0-EB778F0FB976.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 137
Pulled into the Springfield OR supercharger with trailer in tow. This is a hotel parking lot. Eventually a maintenance attendant came out to the car to ask “What are you doing here?” I assume because he thought a random car+trailer was blocking the supercharger stalls. My response “charging!”. He had never seen a Tesla with a trailer before.
Meanwhile, there's an ICE in the other stall...

Nice work tucking back in there.

Reactions: Rossy

In the second pic, it looks like the SC stand is missing a screw...

Reactions: hiroshiy
Parade! Coming home through Pennsylvania, traveling south on I-99 approaching Bedford, we got passed by a friendly, blue Model X. Got a wave from the passenger. I stayed in range, curious to see whether they’d be hitting the PA turnpike. Instead, they got on US 30 east. Aha! Like us, going to the breezewood supercharger. So I closed the gap and paraded with them to Breezewood, where we had a very nice conversation about our trips and cars. Soon joined by 3 other Teslas. The parade continued down I-70 for a bit, until I got off at a rest stop.

I have been passed by many a Tesla heading to a supercharger hoping that if there was only one spot, it would be theirs

Ah, the left coast, where the Teslas roam in herds. The five Teslas charging at Breezewood that day were three more than I’ve otherwise ever encountered whilst super charging 16 times in MD, VA, NC, PA, OH & IN.

Feeling lonely. And lucky.

Last edited: