Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing the other day. I went to my local supercharger to top up for a trip with the X-- I had intended to be there 25-30 minutes and ended up showing the car for over an hour and half! It was a fun experience for all around with many Tesla grins and shared stories about how much we love our vehicles.

Reactions: Rossy
A quick stop at the bank ATM on 3/3 ended up with bank employees exiting the lobby to see Model X in the parking lot. A demonstration of the self presenting doors, falcon wing opening/closing and lots of quick discussion about the folding seats and two position "trunk load floor" occurred. They have admired my Model S in the past, but one of the ladies recognized Model X from the lobby and said, "I haven't seen one of those!"

Reactions: Rossy and vrykolas
Here are a few Tesla moments for your enjoyment:

Jennifer was charging at the Fremont Supercharger as a bunch of Chinese business types were coming on from a factory tour. One gentleman asked if he could ask a few questions about the Signature Model X she was charging...an hour later this guy had offered her $50,000 over what we paid if he could take it back to China with him. We literally had the car in our hands for a week! She politely told him NO. She told me this story 2 DAYS LATER, after he left the country I guess! There was NO WAY she was going to depart with the Model X we had been waiting 2 years 3 months and 15 days go receive!

She has the fun habit of opening all doors wherever she goes which of course attracts attention...she used to pick on me for being a Model S Salesman! She is the consummate Model X saleswoman! A normal visit to Costco, turns into a roadshow with people taking pictures, kids wanting rides, and frozen food melting as she shows off the cool features of the vehicle. She used to chide me for my willingness to answer random questions about the Model S...not any more!!!

Not only is the Model X a great vehicle, it is a really cool ADULT TOY!

cheers,

jdiii

My wife and I stayed at a very nice hotel that had only valet parking available. I didn't like the idea of letting someone else drive my model S...but without another option, it happened. The guy told me not to worry -- that they park all of the high end cars up front. Later that night, my wife and I were walking past the "high end" cars and two couples were walking in the other direction and one guy was pointing them out to his friends, "Check it out! Mercedes AMG, Audi R8, and of course a Tesla! The best of the bunch." Made my day just overhearing this. :)

My wife and I stayed at a very nice hotel that had only valet parking available. I didn't like the idea of letting someone else drive my model S...but without another option, it happened. The guy told me not to worry -- that they park all of the high end cars up front. Later that night, my wife and I were walking past the "high end" cars and two couples were walking in the other direction and one guy was pointing them out to his friends, "Check it out! Mercedes AMG, Audi R8, and of course a Tesla! The best of the bunch." Made my day just overhearing this. :)

Oops. Me too.

A "Tesla Moment" is not an "X" or a "S" moment. There will be many Model 3 "Tesla Moments" . Does it makes sense or is it possible to have one thread with a link in each Models forum (Webmaster, moderators, and those who are wiser than I)?

Here's my first significant Tesla Moment in the Model X. We sold our Prius to CarMax today and my wife came in the Model X to pick me up. I had the Model X hat on and someone inside followed me out hoping to see the Tesla. He stopped us just outside the door and pleaded to see the car very politely. We walked over to the Model X and I opened both Falcon Wing Doors and he reacted as expected. While I was showing him the interior, several CarMax employees walked up to the car and were ohhing and ahhing. By the time we finished, there were at least a dozen employees looking around and inside the car. Lots of pictures were being taken. Several people mentioned that they had reserved a Model 3 and were glad to see a Tesla up close. I got the impression they were more excited about their reservation after seeing the Model X.

One guy said he reserved a Model 3 but didn't receive a confirmation so he reserved another one. The next day he received two confirmations and his reaction was, oh, ok... I'll take them both!

My favorite moment thus far was at the Tesla Factory about a week after delivery at the beginning of the year...I was there at lunch charging the X when a group of 20 Dutch gentlemen exited the service center/store. They were part of a electric car leasing company in Holland and had traveled to California to see the X. They had taken the tour and seen a few on the production line but Tesla did not have any completed products that they could touch and feel. When they saw my X, they were ecstatic and asked if they could take a look, operate the doors, sit in the seats etc. Being of Dutch decent, how could I resist. It was a great experience showing the car to these guys and their enthusiasm generated an even bigger crowd. There must have been about 40+ people at the car, taking pictures, admiring the interior and loving the fwd operation. Its good to be an X owner/early adopter...

My most recent Tesla moment was to meet up with Bjorn Nyland at the Tesla Fremont Factory on his recent visit to the U.S. While it looks like he is photo bombing me, this is actually a selfie with Bjorn. Great guy. Subscribe to his YouTube channel TeslaBjorn

Bjorn in Fremont.jpg

Here one of the most memorable ones for us.

As it happened, the day after we got our MX, Tessie (April 1), our kids had the science fair at their elementary school. The theme was "Sustainability and our planet earth".
In fact one of the judges was a Tesla corporate guy who brought his S to the event to show it but guess what our Tessie ended up being an impromptu science fair exhibit and needless to say the most popular one. In fact the school office made an announcement on the school PA system about it. Our girls did an admirable job at demoing their beloved Tessie-) to hordes of excited kids and parents.

Took a load of junk to my township local biannual cleanup. I backed my X up to the dumpster and the township guys started unloading the few things I had out of the back, then I opened the driver side FW door to get out the last item and all of a sudden all the guys came over and wanted to know what it was, and the usual question "How far do you get?" and told me they had never seen a Tesla in person. They asked me twice to open the FW door after the car was empty. Then all of a sudden they realized there were other people waiting to unload while they were occupied by my car so I left.

My best Tesla Model X moment so far has been when I drove up to my daughter's elementary school to pick her up from after-school science club. Of course, when the falcon wing door went up, all of the kids and teacher went "ooh" and asked for a complete tour/demo of the future of automobiles. Nothing like being a celebrity to (hopefully) future scientists :)

My favorite moment thus far was at the Tesla Factory about a week after delivery at the beginning of the year...I was there at lunch charging the X when a group of 20 Dutch gentlemen exited the service center/store. They were part of a electric car leasing company in Holland and had traveled to California to see the X. They had taken the tour and seen a few on the production line but Tesla did not have any completed products that they could touch and feel. When they saw my X, they were ecstatic and asked if they could take a look, operate the doors, sit in the seats etc. Being of Dutch decent, how could I resist. It was a great experience showing the car to these guys and their enthusiasm generated an even bigger crowd. There must have been about 40+ people at the car, taking pictures, admiring the interior and loving the fwd operation. Its good to be an X owner/early adopter...

That lease company, is the company where i ordered my model x!!! They are called mistergreen. They even reserved 1000 model 3's with their company!

Here's my first significant Tesla Moment in the Model X. We sold our Prius to CarMax today and my wife came in the Model X to pick me up. I had the Model X hat on and someone inside followed me out hoping to see the Tesla. He stopped us just outside the door and pleaded to see the car very politely. We walked over to the Model X and I opened both Falcon Wing Doors and he reacted as expected. While I was showing him the interior, several CarMax employees walked up to the car and were ohhing and ahhing. By the time we finished, there were at least a dozen employees looking around and inside the car. Lots of pictures were being taken. Several people mentioned that they had reserved a Model 3 and were glad to see a Tesla up close. I got the impression they were more excited about their reservation after seeing the Model X.

One guy said he reserved a Model 3 but didn't receive a confirmation so he reserved another one. The next day he received two confirmations and his reaction was, oh, ok... I'll take them both!

This is on their facebook

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 329
Reactions: Roentgen and ModelX