TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model X P90DL Price check & questions

Discussion in 'Model X' started by goodbadboys9, Sep 7, 2019.

1. goodbadboys9

goodbadboys9 Member

Tesla Model X P90DL Price check & questions
    Hi Fellow Tesla Lovers,
    I am long term lurker on this forum & didn't get any chance to buy Tesla till now but it changed today.I placed order for used Tesla on Tesla site with below configuration & want to check with gurus did I get good deal or sub par(Please be honest & no need to sugar coat).Order total was 64K without shipping
    P90D
    Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
    Deep Blue Metallic Paint
    20" Silver Wheels
    Tan Leather Seats
    Carbon Fiber Décor
    Light Headliner
    Six Seat Interior
    Ludicrous Mode
    Carbon Fiber Spoiler
    Red Brake Calipers
    No Power and Lighting Package
    Autopilot with convenience features
    Autopilot with convenience features
    Smart Air Suspension
    Subzero Weather Package
    Third Row Seats
    Accessory Hitch

My questions.
    1)How can I check vehicle location
    2)If I want to get it financed who is offering best interest rate.If it matters I am located in NJ
    3)As this is my first used car purchase what should I need to check before pickup
    If there are any major cosmetic flaws will Tesla fix them
    4)Once Tesla ships the car & If I decided to decline it based on condition would tesla refund me the deposit & I am guessing I will lose shipping fees
    5)Do I get supercharging for Free
    6)Do I need to pay for enabling AP
    I am glad I was able to get into Tesla & I love the Tesla's

2. Qbenjamin

Qbenjamin Frugal But Classy!

3. RickW

RickW Member

> 2)If I want to get it financed who is offering best interest rate.If it matters I am located in NJ

I can't answer most since I'm in Model 3 land, but over the past two days I've been looking all over the country for best rates.
    In your area I found NEFCU (NEFCU - Locations AND NEFCU Auto Loan ). I believe most are in NY, but I would make a guess that you just need to become a member. I was leaning this way because of the low rates, but I found a loan yesterday that was better and more local. Hope this helps.

4. goodbadboys9

goodbadboys9 Member

Thank you very much for response.Just now I spoke with them & they confirmed car is located in CA.They were saying Tesla stopped shipping used cars but he is not sure.If they ship it that will be additional 2K making purchase price 66K

5. goodbadboys9

goodbadboys9 Member

Any response on price would be highly appreciated

6. Qbenjamin

Great price from Tesla unless it's been in an accident.

• Like x 1
  7. Levelheadsteve

How many miles?

8. beast53568

beast53568 Member

I just took delivery for a used model x p90d on August 30th. So far the car itself has been amazing. The vehicle is very fun to drive as long as you have somewhere to charge it when you’re home (my first mistake). I had to go to a super charger every few days until yesterday my wall charger was delivered and installed. Now for the bad. One of the key fobs stopped working 4 days after I’ve had it. The app kicked me out last Tuesday and hasn’t let me log in since. It tells me I don’t own any Tesla product every time I try to log in. The scratches from the falcon wing doors closing it starting to show more in my opinion. I’m now waiting for a Tesla ranger this Monday to come out and fix all these issues. Also my reverse camera is blurry which is being replaced I believe.

9. goodbadboys9

goodbadboys9 Member

It has around 25K miles.Only thing I am concerned is it has accident history & AP1.I was reading other forums regarding AP1 vs AP2 would AP1 be a deal breaker?

10. goodbadboys9

goodbadboys9 Member

Thanks for your response.I have 240V outlet installed in garage & It is waiting for Tesla from last one year :).Hopefully your issues will be resolved on Monday I didint get "The scratches from the falcon wing doors closing it starting to show more in my opinion"

11. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

AP1 is fine for TACC and lane keeping on larger roads, parking, and manual lane changes but will never be able to do navigate on autopilot or any summon beyond forwards and backwards 40 feet. Useful, stable, but not capable of advancement. This is not the car that gets you a leg up into the Robo taxi world.
    My biggest concern would be with a 90 kWh battery, which is really an 83 kWh battery which, depending on the version may have already lost a fair amount of capacity. Would you be comfortable with under 200 miles of practical range? Best to compare this car with a new 75 with the current battery tech. The newer 100 kWh battery is it better product and a software limited 75 gives you the benefit of not paying for the slow-charging upper range which is hardly used.

12. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Only recent cars have a fix for the falcon wing door wearing the paint off at the point of body contact. Their best response is to put a piece of clear car wrap where the paint is rubbing off.

13. goodbadboys9

goodbadboys9 Member

Range less than 200miles will be a problem as we frequently go out to south Jersey or Philly which is around 90-100 miles each way & I would like to get back home without a stop for supercharger.I was expecting at least 210-220 miles per charge.Please let me know if I am asking for too much from 90D

14. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Unless you can grab some slow-charge miles while visiting it will be close in moderate weather. Risky at best in cold.

15. goodbadboys9

goodbadboys9 Member

#15 goodbadboys9, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2019
    Thanks for your responses & I really appreciate it.Other than range other concern is previous accident.I am waiting for Tesla sales representative to contact me to get more details of the accident.

I dont know if previous owner or lease holder is in this forums for VIN: Removed on Request. If I can I would love to connect with him to see how bad was was previous accident

16. Bigmak88

Bigmak88 Member

That's a steal. My MX P90DL black with Onyx has same specs otherwise was $79k. They've apparently dropped a lot in a month

17. goodbadboys9

goodbadboys9 Member

Thanks for positive responses.but still have below question.Can someone who went through this experience kindly answer

Once Tesla ships the car & If I decided to decline it based on condition would Tesla refund me the deposit & I am guessing I will lose shipping fees
    Attached are some of the pictures I got from Tesla & I am not sure whether these are scratches or just lighting affect.Any input will be highly appreciated
    I am guessing last picture is the door jamb .I am thinking this is the scratch everyone is pointing to regarding falcon wings & this is common known issue
    X_Rear.PNG Side_Image.PNG Unknown_part.PNG

18. goodbadboys9

goodbadboys9 Member

What are the chances of Tesla fixing above issues?

19. Qbenjamin

The OP has indicated that the vehicle has been in accident, so that certainly doesn't put it in the "amazing deal" range. The accident is usually killer on resale value (let alone trade-in).

20. Qbenjamin

Considering that the speed limits should be lower than what we have in FL, this will be extremely close. With 22" wheels and 80 mph speed limits, I can barely get 140 miles of range on a 235 mile charge.