Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Plaid screen completely dead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I recently purchased a black Model X Plaid. This was a US spec car, but I imported it into a country that doesn't have Tesla service. Yesterday the center screen went completely off when I entered the car. Initially I tried doing the soft reset where I press both scroll wheels, but this didn't work. I tried pressing the brake pedals as well, this didn't work either. I did multiple soft resets, at least 7 in that day. I finally stumbled upon another solution which was to do a hard reset by disconnecting the 12V battery and the safety plug. After letting it drain for 2 minutes I plugged everything back in. The screen still wouln't turn on. I suspected that rodents may have chewed off some wires, but based on my own inspection the wires seemed fine. Furthermore, the lights, blinkers, honk, AC, rear screen, wipers and literally any other electronic component worked fine. I am currently out of options. Anyone have any suggestions?

That happened to me with my MXP… center screen would not come on when I entered the vehicle. However, the soft reset fixed the issue. I would recommend that you send Tesla a message using the APP (Service section). They will be able to remotely diagnose a bit more and maybe give you some direction. I hope you can get this solved and please keep us posted.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Hi
I am living in a country that doesn't have Tesla service. I do have access to the service center page on the app, I contacted the closest service center to me which was in Singapore. Around 2000km away. They responded with:

"Please seek support from your country of origin"

After 4 days now, the screen still isn't working. I brought it to a third party garage in Bangkok, the garage owner had no clue what was wrong with the vehicle. He did help me verify that the vehicle wasn't damaged by rodents, because all the wirings seem to be in perfect condition.