Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Raven noise that all potential buyer should know about before buying it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I inquiry with Tesla service about riding a new Model X P, service is finding out if I can ride with a delivery to try to hear a brand new model x P, and prove it, it make the same noise. They are saying it is likely not aloud to do so which I can understand. They say the one they compare my to is a brand new Model X P raven, which according to them, makes the same noise.
Not sure why they are "not allowed", there have been plenty of people here who've stated their purchased vehicle had been used as a loaner prior to delivery. I've been asked many times if I wanted to take test drives, my feeling is they "aren't allowed" because you may drive one without said issue and then they'd look foolish, much like panel gaps being "within spec"...they just don't want to spend additional money to make them normal.

I hope the OP gets his concerns taken care of. In the meantime it is very old that someone has a problem not yet resolved and posts that all need to read this. I have seen no sign or post from him that he has heard this in more than one car. Hardly worth the headline he posted under.
Not really, he stated that Tesla wouldn't let him, so unless he knows someone else with one how is he expected to test another Raven model?
I inquiry with Tesla service about riding a new Model X P, service is finding out if I can ride with a delivery to try to hear a brand new model x P, and prove it, it make the same noise. They are saying it is likely not aloud to do so which I can understand.

If my Raven X has this noise, I wouldn't be able to hear it over all of the rattles that my X makes.

That said, in addition to the rattles (which hopefully they will fix this week -- not holding my breath), I do have the pitch whine that others have noticed.